Object Lesson of the day

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Maybe the difference was it was a bargaining unit worker that allegedly made the comments towards management and not the other way around.

I know of a center manager that screamed he was going to fing kill someone in the office, retained his job and still works for the company but I know another lady who said less than that and was terminated.

BRF wasn't the only official allegedly involved. Some have conveniently left a higher ranking official's name out of the equation.
Like I said before... It's sickening.

We had a division manager here physically assault employees. He kept his job and went on special assignment for six months per UPS SPO.

I'm probably not as familiar with this case as I should be but let me be clear: Any union official proven to have knowingly harmed a member by colluding with an employer should be drummed out of our union.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I don't understand that. So a group of people can go to a funeral with signs saying god hates fags and chant while the familie grieves the lose of a family and they are protected but you can't bad mouth your employer?

You can bad mouth the company as long as its under the umbrella of protected and concerted activity, ie in the interest of enforcing the contract, improving working conditions, etc.

In this country, we have a constitutional right to free speech but not to employment.

542thruNthru

i am not allowed to post the word caucas***s
you and your team of old, out of touch, can't relate to the current racial makeup of the teamster, AKA union officers
ALL REPORTED ME for excessive use of the word caucasi**s. Some brothers !! Just like Betty rose !! run and tell on your brothers!
RATs FACT

You say the same thing over and over but still have yet to answer my simple question. I'm pretty sure every single race wants the same thing in our contract. Better pay, benefits and pension.

All you're doing is being a fool by bringing someone's skin color into it. That's the reason you can't type the word anymore. Because what you type makes no sense.

Let's see leadbelly says this site is for TDU and now you're saying this site is for Hoffa. Hmmm seems to me this site is pretty fair.

You're so out there you can't even tell who is on your side. I voted against Hoffa. Your blind hate and ridiculous moronic facts are what probably helped him win.

anHOURover

You say the same thing over and over but still have yet to answer my simple question. I'm pretty sure every single race wants the same thing in our contract. Better pay, benefits and pension.

All you're doing is being a fool by bringing someone's skin color into it. That's the reason you can't type the word anymore. Because what you type makes no sense.

Let's see leadbelly says this site is for TDU and now you're saying this site is for Hoffa. Hmmm seems to me this site is pretty fair.

You're so out there you can't even tell who is on your side. I voted against Hoffa. Your blind hate and ridiculous moronic facts are what probably helped him win.

first of all you need to go to bed!
#2 this site is very company friendly just like the old out of touch guys at the marble palace who have a problem relating to the different racial makeup of todays union
#3 if you are reading this you still need to go to bed
#4 everything i post is FACTS

FACT BUG goes golfing when his members are on the picket line FACT

542thruNthru

first of all you need to go to bed!
#2 this site is very company friendly just like the old out of touch guys at the marble palace who have a problem relating to the different racial makeup of todays union
#3 if you are reading this you still need to go to bed
#4 everything i post is FACTS

FACT BUG goes golfing when his members are on the picket line FACT

Wow great argument "you need to go to bed."

OK, I can now see why 90% of this site doesn't interact with you. You're a child. Have fun kid.

anHOURover

Wow great argument "you need to go to bed."

OK, I can now see why 90% of this site doesn't interact with you. You're a child. Have fun kid.

go turn in another fellow brother for using the word cauc****

any time any place you would like to talk shop I'm more then willing to hop on a plane with my camera.
see you soon rook

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He was originally fired for multiple methods infractions and for not maintaining the same SPORH supervised as unsupervised.

Freedom of speech doesn't extend to the workplace or even off the clock when employed. Common sense would make you think it does.. but we work for UPS.

Freedom of speech only protects you from the government, not your employer.

10 point

I am honored...and am working on it, but am a bit taken back by the lack of pictures????

Makes it a much tougher read.

~Bbbl~™

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Here's your pics.

10 point

Freedom of speech only protects you from the government, not your employer.
Is slander and/or libel the issue? FOIA issues (public) should be protected?
Or will this augment the scope of 17i issues? (Damaging/devaluation of the "brand" even in proven cases?) Where will this stop?
There will be a lot of litigation hoops to jump thru for that to stick imo.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Is slander and/or libel the issue? FOIA issues (public) should be protected?
Or will this augment the scope of 17i issues? (Damaging/devaluation of the "brand" even in proven cases?) Where will this stop?
There will be a lot of litigation hoops to jump thru for that to stick imo.

I am only halfway through this case, but I can say that if you make inflammatory or disparaging remarks about your employer, or supervisors, on social media, that is not protected speech.

You will find yourself out of a job. Maybe this is the reason the NLRB did not reinstate him. Don't know, not there yet.

I do know that the Company was looking hard at him. And he was making rookie mistakes that were unusual for a seasoned driver.

Scanning the previous days info notice.
Failing to locate a package for the next stop right after sorting the truck.
Leaving a NDA in the package car.

If you're going to take on the company like this guy tried, you need to have all your i's dotted and t's crossed.

Did not seem like he did.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I forgot to mention the best one.

He forgot to shave......right.

He could have at least said he had a few zits and couldn't shave.

Give me a break.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am only halfway through this case, but I can say that if you make inflammatory or disparaging remarks about your employer, or supervisors, on social media, that is not protected speech.

You will find yourself out of a job. Maybe this is the reason the NLRB did not reinstate him. Don't know, not there yet.

I do know that the Company was looking hard at him. And he was making rookie mistakes that were unusual for a seasoned driver.

If you're going to take on the company like this guy tried, you need to have all your i's dotted and t's crossed.

Scanning a previous day's end of day or leaving an air in a blown out car doesn't seem like events that should be considered firable material...ups wants us to do 10000 different tasks a day and make this job as complicated as possible....unless this guy was absolutely falling apart out there this whole thing seems bogus...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

i would make a guess if this guy was a runner and still making lots of mistakes and giving the company a bunch of s he wouldn't be in this situation

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Scanning a previous day's end of day or leaving an air in a blown out car doesn't seem like events that should be considered firable material...ups wants us to do 10000 different tasks a day and make this job as complicated as possible....unless this guy was absolutely falling apart out there this whole thing seems bogus...

I agree about a few of small mistakes made here and there. But the NLRB case reads like he is constantly making mistakes, stupid rookie mistakes, and admitting to them.

As far as I got though, they got him for failing to work unsupervised as supervised. All the other things were just icing on the cake showing that this guy cannot follow the methods and is a screw up that has proven that he is incapable of following methkds.