Observation Ride Tomorrow

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I have been assigned to go on car with a 25 yr. safe driver tomorrow to observe I guess safe work methods... Not really sure what it consist of but Im just hoping I dont get used as driver helper... Anyone know about this observation?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have been assigned to go on car with a 25 yr. safe driver tomorrow to observe I guess safe work methods... Not really sure what it consist of but Im just hoping I dont get used as driver helper... Anyone know about this observation?
Did you just finish driving school or integrad? At our center whenever you finish school they send you out with a driver to learn the basic routine and all so you have an idea of what a day of delivering is like before you get behind the wheel yourself.

Use this to your advantage and ask tons of questions. If you have questions about the diad, ask the driver to show you specific things.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Chosen.

Use this ride to your advantage. Ask any question(s) that you may have.

I have had several of these and each time the newbie was blown away by the pace that I maintain throughout the day.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Did you just finish driving school or integrad? At our center whenever you finish school they send you out with a driver to learn the basic routine and all so you have an idea of what a day of delivering is like before you get behind the wheel yourself.

Use this to your advantage and ask tons of questions. If you have questions about the diad, ask the driver to show you specific things.
Haven't been to Integrad yet for FT driving... I was told by hr that first you go on the observation ride, then a prep course class to get you ready for integrad, then actually attending integrad is last. I'm pretty advance with the DIAD as I drove seasonal this year. I will definitely ask questions on some of the things I didn't understand the first time driving.

oldupsman

I'd take it as a chance to pick that guy's brain all day. If he's a 25 year driver he obviously never had any interest
in management. I'd ask him for every secret he's got about how he got this far safe and in one piece. I did some
of these drives before I retired. If the guy really wanted to learn I told him all I could during the course of the day.

jaker

trolling
You are asking what to do during an OBSERVATION ride. The name of the ride doesn't leave much to the imagination. Thank you for setting everyone at ease and not going into management
I thought he was management , when did ups start sending you with another driver . I know they don't do that here at all

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I thought he was management , when did ups start sending you with another driver . I know they don't do that here at all
Not sure when they started this, it may be something something we do in our hub... I actually think the observation ride is a good idea. It shows wannabe drivers what there getting in to and what the job consist of.

vvv

Chosen.

Use this ride to your advantage. Ask any question(s) that you may have.

I have had several of these and each time the newbie was blown away by the pace that I maintain throughout the day.
Your lady friend is blown away too!! You doing a stop every 1.5-2 minutes correlates to your sex life.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not sure when they started this, it may be something something we do in our hub... I actually think the observation ride is a good idea. It shows wannabe drivers what there getting in to and what the job consist of.

....which is exactly why they do it.....weeds out those who don't feel they can do the job....