"Observations"

longhorns19

They've been doing "observations" on me increasingly it seems like.. I worked there for a year and didn't have anyone do this, now in the past few months they've done several. They'll tell me "You're doing fine but I have to write something down here so I'll just put you need to work in your power zone." and then I'm supposed to sign..? If I'm not doing anything wrong couldn't they just write that down? They've done this about 5 times now. So they have papers signed by me saying I suck at my job even though they verbally told me I don't. Should I not sign these? What do they do with these papers? I'm worried if I try to get another job they're going to be like "Oh yeah she has a :censored2:ty record there look at all these times she didn't work in her power zone."

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Ask for a steward every single time they try to get you to sign anything or if you feel like you’re being disciplined. Refuse to Sign everything. Your steward will sign for you. Management is not your friend. They could very well be building a case against you and will throw you under the bus the first chance they get.

longhorns19

I haven't spoken to the steward because I don't know who the steward is. I asked another union member who the steward was over a year ago and he wouldn't tell me. There was a picture on the local teamsters website that looked like a guy who I think might be the steward, but he only comes in like once every few months and works for the week and that's it. I don't even know the guy's name.

ManInBrown

They've been doing "observations" on me increasingly it seems like.. I worked there for a year and didn't have anyone do this, now in the past few months they've done several. They'll tell me "You're doing fine but I have to write something down here so I'll just put you need to work in your power zone." and then I'm supposed to sign..? If I'm not doing anything wrong couldn't they just write that down? They've done this about 5 times now. So they have papers signed by me saying I suck at my job even though they verbally told me I don't. Should I not sign these? What do they do with these papers? I'm worried if I try to get another job they're going to be like "Oh yeah she has a :censored2:ty record there look at all these times she didn't work in her power zone."
RTS. Do not sign anything. It’s the little games they play. Welcome to UPS. If you’re a permanent FT driver you have nothing to worry about. The write ups, you can take the paper and wipe your a55 with it. They can’t do sheet. Still RTS everything. Sign nothing. And fight back. Stand up for yourself. File 9.5

When you stand up for yourself, they move onto someone else. Show them that you’re bothered by it, they‘ll ride you to the moon and back.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
I haven't spoken to the steward because I don't know who the steward is. I asked another union member who the steward was over a year ago and he wouldn't tell me. There was a picture on the local teamsters website that looked like a guy who I think might be the steward, but he only comes in like once every few months and works for the week and that's it. I don't even know the guy's name.
He wouldn’t tell you?

What the :censored2: local is this?

MisplacedRailWorker

On the local website that’s probably a business agent? A steward usually works in the same craft as you in the building, on a pretty regular basis if not the same shift.

542thruNthru

What is your job?

Politely refuse to sign anything.

How frequently are they preforming these "observations?

Are you the only one having these observations performed on?

Jobs are given by seniority so don't worry about it.

MisplacedRailWorker

On the local website that’s probably a business agent? A steward usually works in the same craft as you in the building, on a pretty regular basis if not the same shift.
Most buildings have a steward and an alternate at least for part time and full-time… Some big hubs even have part-time stewards and alternates for each sort/shift like preload, nights, and then there’s a 22.4 steward in a lot of regions as well as a Feeders steward in addition to the Package Car Driver’s Steward.

Not Rushin’

Be polite about their honest feedback, but don’t sign any of their spy mission documents.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
every overweight package you have in the truck request help ...tell your supervisor you need help to remain in your “ power zone”...
🧔✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

He’s kind of a big deal and doesent want everyone to know who he is
You know paparazzi and such

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
every overweight package you have in the truck request help ...tell your supervisor you need help to remain in your “ power zone”...
🧔✊

i got a verbal warning in front of my shop steward after an observation where the ORS saw me carrying an irreg rather than using the hand truck. thing is, the large box i was carrying was only a 5lb lounge seat cushion to the same address where i had hand trucked 5 more identical packages the day before.

as a follow up, only two days after this verbal warning in front of my shop steward, i had to call in a misload that was what we call a "knock down" desk (you build the entire desk including drawers/pedestals) these desks weigh 85+ pounds. when the ORS showed up at my location to pick it up, it was still early in the day and i had to crawl over and around boxes in the back of my truck to get to it. he climbed up into my truck to grab one end and pull it off the back. when he was able to step down off the back of my package car he picked up the box and started waddling away towards his budget rental with it. i asked him if he wanted help with it and he said no, i got it.

the same guy who called my steward in to give me a warning about carrying a 5 pound seat cushion refusing help and carrying off an 85+ pound desk by himself no hand truck.

JJinVA

They have to go out and try to find SOMETHING wrong with every driver. Thats why they harp on the fact that "theres no such thing as a perfect driver", so that they can, point out your flaws to you, later on. Also, when their higher-ups ask them, "So, you had 15 accidents at your center. When was the last time you did an observation? Oh yesterday? And you found NOTHING wrong. Oh ok". It makes them look incompetent and useless. So I think they really try to find something, no matter how minuscule

UPSER1987

Lol....sounds like this locals got their :censored2: together!

Heres a hint...the steward is usually the little fat guy that goes home everyday.
The business agent is the little fatter guy that got beat up in high school everyday. These types normally have a little man complex.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

i got a verbal warning in front of my shop steward after an observation where the ORS saw me carrying an irreg rather than using the hand truck. thing is, the large box i was carrying was only a 5lb lounge seat cushion to the same address where i had hand trucked 5 more identical packages the day before.

as a follow up, only two days after this verbal warning in front of my shop steward, i had to call in a misload that was what we call a "knock down" desk (you build the entire desk including drawers/pedestals) these desks weigh 85+ pounds. when the ORS showed up at my location to pick it up, it was still early in the day and i had to crawl over and around boxes in the back of my truck to get to it. he climbed up into my truck to grab one end and pull it off the back. when he was able to step down off the back of my package car he picked up the box and started waddling away towards his budget rental with it. i asked him if he wanted help with it and he said no, i got it.

the same guy who called my steward in to give me a warning about carrying a 5 pound seat cushion refusing help and carrying off an 85+ pound desk by himself no hand truck.
You should write him a warning letter!

Close... Next time be a man and file a sup working grievance and make sure he knows it's because he wrote you up for petty crap.

542thruNthru

Lol....sounds like this locals got their :censored2: together!

Heres a hint...the steward is usually the little fat guy that goes home everyday.
The business agent is the little fatter guy that beat up in high school everyday.
Still got me on ignore champ?

If not stick to the "partners" forum like a good PT sup.