Odd Things People Take To The Grave

over9five

Staff member
Odd Things People Take To The Grave

Buried seated at the wheel of her Ferrari! Really?

Anyhow, what have YOU buried with your loved ones? I have a few:

I had worked with my father for several years at a company that installs bank equipment. He is buried with my favorite 9/16 wrench, as that was a common tool we used.

My grandfather is buried with a few golf balls, as he was an avid golfer.

My best friend back in HS is buried with my copy of "The Hobbit". I still have her copy of "Wuthering Heights".

And is there anything you want buried with you??

moreluck

golden ticket member
Don't bury anything of value with a loved one........I believe the mortician takes it all for himself/herself !!!

rod

Retired 22 years
While doing my thing with the Patriot Guard I have seen a veteran given his last ride(to the cemetery) in an enclosed motorcycle trailer with him and his bike inside. I've seen veterans who were burried in their work lunch bucket, in a Hopalong Cassidy lunch bucket and a tool box.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Ironic. I was thinking about this this morning. Buried my dad with a flashlight, because my son thought he might need one when he goes on an adventure in heaven.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm being cremated and apparently my wife will be buried with my vase in her arms.

Well sort of buried. She has a huge fear of being under ground so she will have her own moselium.

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't bury anything of value with a loved one........I believe the mortician takes it all for himself/herself !!!

I agree with not burying anything of value - not because of shifty morticians but because seriously- what good does it do to bury something. Keep the rings and other valuables as family heirlooms-----at least the grandkids will have something to pawn when you are gone.:wink2:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ms Jones and I will both be cremated and put in the same vase so we will always be together, the cats will be in there too.
At least this is what I was told.

rod

Retired 22 years
Being cremated. Half of me is going in the family plot and the other half is going to the VA cemetery where I know the place will be kept looking good. I take care of a little cemetery (about 200 graves) for the Township and take it from me--once you are in the ground very very few of your family will vist you (if you are lucky maybe Memorial Day).. In fact -once your children have passed on or moved you are on your own. Don't assume your local cemetery will have endless funds for upkeep. Many of them are hurting for funds and tend to let the grass grow and fall into disrepair. Above all--make sure your family knows what your wishes are. There is nothing worse than watching families argue about what they think Mom or Dad or any family member wanted done on their demise.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have our niches.....with an ocean view in Corona Del Mar!!!!! Cremation. All Paid for. The kids just need to show up .....or not !!

over9five

Staff member
I want to be cremated with some live ammo. That should be interesting!
Oh, and I'm supposed to bring her book. I think we were going to trade back on the other side.

texan

I want to be cremated with some live ammo. That should be interesting!
Oh, and I'm supposed to bring her book. I think we were going to trade back on the other side.
"I want to be cremated with some live ammo. That should be interesting!"
Funny I like that thought. Poor mortician ducking and hitting the floor.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Rolled him up in a nice clean sheet, and laid him out upon the bed
A bottle of whiskey at his feet and a barrel of porter at his head

Banshee__s_Irish_Wake_by_Dunlavey.jpg
Banshee__s_Irish_Wake_by_Dunlavey.jpg

beentheredonethat

I had worked with my father for several years at a company that installs bank equipment. He is buried with my favorite 9/16 wrench, as that was a common tool we used.

My grandfather is buried with a few golf balls, as he was an avid golfer.

My Dad was an avid golfer too, we won two city championships back before I was born. We put his favorite putter in the casket along with a few golf balls. My brother got a hat he always wore and put that in the casket too.