Odds of a PE mechanic caught sleeping on the job and falsifying documents getting his job back?

Needabiggerhammer

Are you in an automated hub?
We got those PDA devices a few months ago but they have been sitting on the supervisors desk. We are in non-automated buildings.
Have you seen more scrutiny of times for repairs? Also are you getting a daily dispatch. We haven't seen daily dispatches for about 18 or 19 years. They dispatch our PMI 04 05 06 02 and 10's every 2 weeks or so and a few repairs that we turned in as 5's on our PMI sheets. Anything less than a 5 rides until the next PMI.
Yes it's an automated hub, we've had the PDA's since last winter, probably february or march. They're a pain in the ass. Before that we were getting paper dispatches daily.

I'm not sure how much my experience will relate to yours if you're in a conventional building considering we have probably 2 breakdowns a month and that's considered good. I run probably 15-20 sort calls in a night for twilight/midnight. We probably have at least 10 major repairs that need to be completed every month and I couldn't even count the minor ones. That's a building that's calculated to require 13 mechanics.

They just don't build the automated buildings the way they built conventional buildings, unfortunately. But everything runs much faster and that doesn't help...most of our belts run around 500 feet per minute.

I haven't seen much more pressure on us as far as repair times than before the PDAs, I'd say it's about the same. They are much more easily able to track what you're doing though I think. The PDA is basically a way to make you enter all the information into the system that they had to delog from our time cards and enter manually before from what I've seen. You can also create your own work orders on the PDA for sort calls or emergency maintenance and it gives it a work order number like you'd have on a dispatch, create follow up work orders for your PMI's, etc.

It's a great tool to help you do what your part time sups used to do...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Didn't you vow to leave this site and never come back once you retired?

Hypocrites and renegers have zero credibility here....JS

Perhaps you could join a Retired Teamster's Club (until they break your jaw) or start mall walking to fill your newly found free time instead?

Just from a quick 5 minute search....

Yet again Rod refuses to move on and Scratch insists he is not ready to retire.

....and perhaps it is time for him to enjoy said retirement...

Do you plan on talking shop after you hang them up?

I feel bad for those retirees who still feel the need to talk shop.

Of course, I could stay and change my user name to @scratch—-he is the one who insists upon over staying his welcome.

If only @scratch would figure this out.

And my favorite....

Not sure yet.

I am not coming back. Unlike @rod, @oldngray and @scratch, I see no need to talk shop when I am no longer performing the job.

Maybe now you understand, Dave.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just from a quick 5 minute search....

And my favorite....

Maybe now you understand, Dave.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”

seems a lot of people here are pretty dumb and weak to continue to entertain the stupidity and ignorance of someone else

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

seems a lot of people here are pretty dumb and weak to continue to entertain the stupidity and ignorance of someone else

"Strong people can forgive. They are strong enough internally to forgive. They consider all sides of the situation and the people involved. Strong people are not defined by others’ opinions of them. They may feel angry, or a bit hurt for a time, but they are internally strong, self aware, and they have the self esteem, and emotional maturity, to be able to forgive."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
1AFA6B27-A600-42B8-8E4C-484ACB430F57.jpeg

PE Pro

We have another mechanic who's been sleeping in server rooms for 2, 3, 4 or even 5 hours a day on the clock and then falsifying his time card (believe it or not we have to track every minute of our day) to say he was elsewhere in the plant completing dispatched work. It's been a very open secret that he's been doing this but management has been weak. It came out in his firing that our supervisor actually caught him sleeping twice...and didn't document it but only verbally warned him not to do it again and kept it to himself.

It all blew up when he put down 6 hours total on a job directly underneath a camera with 2 other mechanics and the other 2 guys finally got pissed at his shenanigans and told management he wasn't there for the job. We have a new PDA system that let's you see who put labor on dispatched work orders etc, so at the end of the day their dispatches showed that he had recorded 6 hours on a large job they did alone. This was after his keys had been found in the server room (he couldn't get back in without them) and turned in to management and returned to him the week before.

He got canned a couple weeks ago and tried to appeal, the appeal was denied this week. They said he's taking it up to the next level to appeal again.

Can someone please promise me this :censored2:ing tweaker isn't getting his job back? He's been filling up a mechanic job that could be held by someone who actually wants to work for over 2 years now.
Can't promise that. It could go either way. I don't like working with guys who don't mind their business though.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Then why didn't you follow your own advice, I mean Einstein's advice, and just ignore?

You're the one who called people dumb and weak instead of just ignoring.

I guess we know which group of people you fall into.
I didn't respond to them and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)
Also "seems" is an operative word in my post. You seem to be black and white in your post.

dysphunktion

A decent sup

"Strong people can forgive. They are strong enough internally to forgive. They consider all sides of the situation and the people involved. Strong people are not defined by others’ opinions of them. They may feel angry, or a bit hurt for a time, but they are internally strong, self aware, and they have the self esteem, and emotional maturity, to be able to forgive."

Wow.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I didn't respond to them and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)
Also "seems" is an operative word in my post. You seem to be black and white in your post.

OK.

But you hinted to "intelligent people ignore" in response to comments about @UpstateNYUPSer coming back to BC..

You even called us weak and dumb.

Yet you couldn't ignore. You had to comment on it.

Just making an observation.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We have another mechanic who's been sleeping in server rooms for 2, 3, 4 or even 5 hours a day on the clock and then falsifying his time card (believe it or not we have to track every minute of our day) to say he was elsewhere in the plant completing dispatched work. It's been a very open secret that he's been doing this but management has been weak. It came out in his firing that our supervisor actually caught him sleeping twice...and didn't document it but only verbally warned him not to do it again and kept it to himself.

It all blew up when he put down 6 hours total on a job directly underneath a camera with 2 other mechanics and the other 2 guys finally got pissed at his shenanigans and told management he wasn't there for the job. We have a new PDA system that let's you see who put labor on dispatched work orders etc, so at the end of the day their dispatches showed that he had recorded 6 hours on a large job they did alone. This was after his keys had been found in the server room (he couldn't get back in without them) and turned in to management and returned to him the week before.

He got canned a couple weeks ago and tried to appeal, the appeal was denied this week. They said he's taking it up to the next level to appeal again.

Can someone please promise me this :censored2:ing tweaker isn't getting his job back? He's been filling up a mechanic job that could be held by someone who actually wants to work for over 2 years now.
okay, I promise he won't get his job back