% of drivers that are fired

DVIR

Ok. This is really rare(back pay).

Tell us more. Exact details please.
Sent in a message at 1 saying I had way to much work, way to many pickups and would have missed.
Reply message said “you’re required to finish all work you won’t get any help”.
——10:55Sheeted 40 packages missed.
—fired for “sabotage” the next working day.
Went in for a meeting with Ba, labor manager and other management.
9:00 Meeting was canceled at 10:00 (an hour late) and I was reinstated with back pay

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Sent in a message at 1 saying I had way to much work, way to many pickups and would have missed.
9:00 Meeting was canceled at 10:00 (an hour late) and I was reinstated with back pay
Lol.
I 100% believe with no doubt

quad decade guy

Thanks.

So, how about a little sample of the conversation in that room?

quad decade guy

We never got to the room. Manager just canceled the meeting and reinstated me after we all had been waiting for an hour. He said they couldn’t get the management team there. It looked really dumb.
Ok.

So, you were given back pay at a random meeting? Not the panel? How long were you fired? How many hours of back pay did you get? 1 day, week, month...years?

Honestly....I've never heard of such.

I have seen countless firings turn into "suspensions"......100% not one penny of "backpay". In fact, most go to the panel and never receive backpay although reinstated.....It's never been explained why exactly. I have ALWAYS thought if a guy gets his job back....he did nothing wrong? Never understood why a guy would have to go all the way to a panel for that. Nor have I understood how many days are to be determined for a suspension. When an official suspension might be 3 days...a firing turned suspension might last 3 months.....

Commercial Inside Release

The way I read it, he got 1hr backpay, maybe a few more.

I stretched my suspension as long as I dared... When you've been gone for months, getting backpay is probably not going to happen. Getting your job back is likely, but months of pay for doing nothing, the company is going to take you to a panel hearing and fight dirty. It may backfire, then you'll be starting a new career.

I often dream of getting suspended, again. The second time around definitely be enjoyable. About six weeks off, would be the sweet spot.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
This is curious....

Losing 6 weeks of pay.....as cavalier as some of you folks are.....that's a hefty chunk. The employees I've known to get back pay.....in 40 years...on one hand. Two fingers maybe.
Well.

If you're a steward, maybe you sucked, if they didn't get back pay upon reinstatement.
And if you're not a steward, maybe you didn't know what all was agreed to, because you didn't need to know.

Helpfully helping.

DVIR

Ok.

So, you were given back pay at a random meeting? Not the panel? How long were you fired? How many hours of back pay did you get? 1 day, week, month...years?

I have seen countless firings turn into "suspensions"......100% not one penny of "backpay". In fact, most go to the panel and never receive backpay although reinstated.....It's never been explained why exactly. I have ALWAYS thought if a guy gets his job back....he did nothing wrong? Never understood why a guy would have to go all the way to a panel for that. Nor have I understood how many days are to be determined for a suspension. When an official suspension might be 3 days...a firing turned suspension might last 3 months.....
It was about a week back pay plus penalty for getting the check to me late. We didn’t even have the meeting, management seemed to fold because i didn’t do anything wrong. The whole situation just seemed so unprofessional and disorganized

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Ok.

27560488-5C7B-4AFE-8D2B-DE3E57FB4D3D.jpeg

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Ok.

I have acquired quite a few friends that drive with different outfits over the years. Some of them I’ve known from middle school. Some of the things that you and I brag about that the union stepped up for us for, they laugh and say it shouldn’t even have gone that far. They have no union. UPS over polices us and we praise the union for giving us the standard that most other companies have and they don’t ever have to “go to panel” over.

quad decade guy

Well.

If you're a steward, maybe you sucked, if they didn't get back pay upon reinstatement.
And if you're not a steward, maybe you didn't know what all was agreed to, because you didn't need to know.

Helpfully helping.
It's pretty settled history that most/just about all fired folks don't get backpay here. BTW, this is generally handled by a BA or higher....not at the steward level. It's hard to imagine a new part-time clerk negotiating a guys career....

quad decade guy

I have acquired quite a few friends that drive with different outfits over the years. Some of them I’ve known from middle school. Some of the things that you and I brag about that the union stepped up for us for, they laugh and say it shouldn’t even have gone that far. They have no union. UPS over polices us and we praise the union for giving us the standard that most other companies have and they don’t ever have to “go to panel” over.
Interesting......I hear Amazon workers ROUTINELY get fired by e-mail.

So, let's say we include not just driving "outfits" but all "outfits"....

I know of lot's of people that are told "you're fired....leave the property now". No appeal, negotiation....contract.

I've given this much consideration lately. As much as UPS hates the Union and it's workforce(us).....it also counts on us everyday. Our unrecognized(by the Union) productivity.

I'd bet also they(your friends) don't , in the end, make what we do w/bennies(all that). Ask your friends about accidents or dishonesty....or just plain breaking stuff.

Just not a lot of folks making $100k out there. Driving or not.