Off Topic Posts

rod

Retired 22 years
Deb and I like our meat.
Beef,chicken,pork...we are going to try lamb.
Any suggestions?
Has anyone ever ate beaver?
I found a recipe online...

If you catch a small/young beaver, clean it whole and place it in an oven baking bag along with slices of apple and some onion. Bake it @ 3oo degrees for 4 hours. Let it cool so you can handle it, it should fall off the bone at this point. Shred the meat and smother in barbeque sauce and have at it! You'll be suprised how good it is.

I can't believe that comment snuck through without a comment

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The world's going to hell in a hand-basket. No one even know's what this means anymore. répondez s'il vous plaît :dissapointed:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know why you posted this. You sent out invitations for your wedding and are trying to get a final head count for the meal. My daughter ended up making phone calls a few weeks before the wedding. I think the number of people who showed was very close to the final head count that we gave to the country club.

moreluck

golden ticket member
RSVP--Respond So Very Promptly
s'il vous plait (svp) translated is if you please.
So, reply/respond if you please.

You should do it quickly, but there's no quick or prompt in the translation.

From the dictionary........RSVP
Répondez S'il Vous Plaît (French: Reply, If You Please; commonly seen on invitations)

moreluck

golden ticket member
How 'bout just writing it in English????
Because when it comes to weddings & such, people want to be "fancy-ass". That's an official party planning term.......as in, "Do you want it Beverly Hills fancy-ass or traditional fancy-ass ??" I say, elope, and parents, just give them the $$$ a wedding would've cost.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I know why you posted this. You sent out invitations for your wedding and are trying to get a final head count for the meal. My daughter ended up making phone calls a few weeks before the wedding. I think the number of people who showed was very close to the final head count that we gave to the country club.
What can I say? Manners are gone, out the door. :whiteflag: