Official Bad Driver Bashing Thread

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I was merging at the speed of traffic from the on ramp to the freeway, using my turn signal, even though it's technically unnecessary. You were behind me in the lane I was merging with. You gave me almost no room, and refused to change lanes. I merged safely despite your best efforts, and you still felt it appropriate to flash your brights at me. Did you think I was supposed to drive on the shoulder?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was merging at the speed of traffic from the on ramp to the freeway, using my turn signal, even though it's technically unnecessary. You were behind me in the lane I was merging with. You gave me almost no room, and refused to change lanes. I merged safely despite your best efforts, and you still felt it appropriate to flash your brights at me. Did you think I was supposed to drive on the shoulder?

1. You are absolutely required to signal your intentions when entering the freeway.

2. You are absolutely required to yield to traffic when entering the freeway.

3. Motorists are supposed to move over, when safe to do so, to allow cars to enter the freeway.

4. Flashing ones brights is their way of telling you that you don't know how to drive.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
1. You are absolutely required to signal your intentions when entering the freeway.

2. You are absolutely required to yield to traffic when entering the freeway.

3. Motorists are supposed to move over, when safe to do so, to allow cars to enter the freeway.

4. Flashing ones brights is their way of telling you that you don't know how to drive.

1) Moot, and maybe different based on your state's laws. Here merging is not a lane change, it's following the traffic pattern.

2) Negative, merge at speed of traffic. If I yielded I would be rear-ended by all the people behind me who know you don't come to a dead stop while merging at 60 mph.

3) When two lanes merge, the person in the lead has the right of way, and the person behind is to slow down or change lanes to allow the merging. It's not rocket science.

4) I didn't need you to tell me that. That was the entire reason for the post. They don't understand basic rules of the road, but then act like I'm the one who doesn't.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I'm following another car at a safe distance, but there's not enough room for you to pull out in front of me. You do anyway, and instead of trying to get up to speed, you slam on your brakes for no reason. Just trying to get a pay day from big brown? I'm on to you...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You are two cars ahead of me, and pull over to the side of the road. The car in front of me passes you, then you pull right back out into the lane without signalling, right as I start to pass.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You notice the person next to you puts on their signal to get in your lane, but keeps driving next to you at the same speed. I’m not slowing down, so you either need to speed up to get in front or slow down to get behind me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You’re in the right lane with a car to your left, when a car comes down the exit ramp. He’s not making any effort to move over so you speed up. Guy on right gets behind you then cuts you off, then brake checks you while holding his middle finger up for about a mile, even sliding his pu truck window open to make sure you see it. Funny as hell. Idiot.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You’re in the right lane with a car to your left, when a car comes down the exit ramp. He’s not making any effort to move over so you speed up. Guy on right gets behind you then cuts you off, then brake checks you while holding his middle finger up for about a mile, even sliding his pu truck window open to make sure you see it. Funny as hell. Idiot.

I think merging is just too hard of a concept for some people. Seems like they think they always have the right of way regardless of the situation. Stay safe out there.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think merging is just too hard of a concept for some people. Seems like they think they always have the right of way regardless of the situation. Stay safe out there.
I don’t get the people who ride the merge lane all the way to the end when there is a whole open lane next to them. I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I was taught to merge over as soon as the traffic allows. Why wait to the end then try to merge and get upset because you now can’t get over?

oldngray

nowhere special
z-funny-30-2.jpg

KoennenTiger

You are in the fast lane and are going the exact same speed or slower than everyone to the right.
When you change lanes right in front of someone who is passing you.
When you reverse on a highway/interstate because you missed your exit.
When you merge or pass on a double yellow/solid white. (Friend was killed on his motorcycle because someone did this).
When you're stopping and accelerating erratically because you have to get that snapchat/text message out.
Stopping on green and going on red.
Pulling out into traffic when you have to take the next right turn in 300ft.
Going 45/55/84/35/64/52 mph all within 1 mile.
Drivers who continually merge and change lanes in a traffic jam. You're not going anywhere, just maintain your lane.
Approaching a red light where 1 out of 2 lanes has no one in it so another driver speeds up and cuts in front of you to get the open lane and when the light turns green they go significantly slower than the person who was in the other lane.
Making a U-turn in the middle of a road with no turn lane.
When you merge to pass someone and they speed up significantly to not let you pass.
Drivers on entrance ramps who merge out of turn and won't let anyone who was in front of them, merge in front of them.

I'm not a perfect driver myself, but I find it very important to signal your intentions on the road, not just for the sake of other drivers, but for yourself. It just seems that not a lot of people take driving on the road for granted and become very selfish. As if rules/laws/courtesy do not apply to them in the least. I wish police took "smaller" violations more seriously. I know if I was a cop, I'd pull people over left and right for not using their turn signal, and for impeding traffic (not passing in the passing lane).

Not to mention, when you communicate to another driver that the move they just made was absolutely ridiculous, they just flick you off and become more reckless to piss you off.

I can go on for days.

I'll get in the fast lane far ahead of an area where I know that both right lanes comes to a stop due to a short exit lane where traffic backs up on to the freeway.

Then people tail gate me. Every day for about thirty seconds. I see them getting so mad.

I'm flooring it don't worry so I can get up to 64mph.

I brake early and often. Often and early just to slow down the guys behind me, so when they reflexively try to bust a move around me they aren't going 60 mph when they change lanes into a stopped lane and desperately slam on their brakes before they die.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They freed all the nut jobs from the looney bin, gave them licenses and free cars, and directed them to my route today. I deserve a medal for both avoiding numerous accidents, and not beating some fools to within an inch of their lives. I've been a lot more laid back these days, but everyone has their limits.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
We're on a 2 lane highway with a small shoulder and driveways too sketchy to enter. I turn my right blinker on in preparation for a stop. You're riding my arse. I pull over, turn my flashers on and tuck the mirror. There is nobody ahead or behind us for at least a visible half mile. But you decide to wait for me to complete my stop.
By the time I'm done with my walk there are now 3 other cars behind us. Thanks for holding up traffic and making it look like it's my fault

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We're on a 2 lane highway with a small shoulder and driveways too sketchy to enter. I turn my right blinker on in preparation for a stop. You're riding my arse. I pull over, turn my flashers on and tuck the mirror. There is nobody ahead or behind us for at least a visible half mile. But you decide to wait for me to complete my stop.
By the time I'm done with my walk there are now 3 other cars behind us. Thanks for holding up traffic and making it look like it's my fault

People did this to me a lot yesterday. Plenty of room to go around, but they sit there. One person waited until I was almost done, then finally pulled around, honked and yelled "get out of the way!" I obviously was not in the way if you had room to go around, and do you think I'm stopped here to take a nap? I'm working here...