Idiots on the road

Zowert

She was probably drunk. That’s the old get out of a DWI trick. You get into an accident drunk, leave the scene. Call the cops 6 hours later when you sober up and tell them you just panicked and left. Even if they suspect you were drunk they can’t do a thing about it. Leaving the scene of an accident and a couple other tickets beats a DWI with a license suspension.
This is what the cops told me actually. That it was likely she was intoxicated and ran to avoid a DUI. Luckily one of the witnesses got a good description of the woman (the other got a partial description of too) and filed a police report. So the cops have her license plate, they will show up at her house and if the owner of that vehicle matches the description of the two witnesses, she is screwed.

It’s bad enough to drive drunk but to be playing with your phone while $#!t faced is just a whole other level of stupid. I hope they catch her, unfortunately I’ll probably never know. If I find out I’ll let you guys know.

Whither

Scofflaw
A couple days ago I rounded a bend on a narrow resi street and saw a car ahead slowly lurching into my lane. I slowed down and gave several warning honks. Did a double-take because, yes, the hood WAS up and also the car WAS rolling on the front driver's side rim. Wasn't much tire left. Acrid smell of burnt rubber in the air. Noticed the driver's arm extend out the open window and try to close the hood as he was still driving forward and on a path to collide with me. I quickly moved the pkg car into the grass (no rain for several days here), laying on the horn, and stopped - with my well-adjusted parking brake set (haha). Older guy never stopped and barely managed to avoid clipping me. Was a late 80s/early 90s 4 door LeBaron, backseat absolutely full of junk. Crossed paths w him again a couple minutes later. Hood was shut but still driving on the rim.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There are so many but the one that really sticks out was the time I was putting on chains . Was trying to take off a drag on my rear axle and out of corner of eye saw a 4 wheeler heading right at me. I jumped under trailer to avoid being hit . The driver didnt hit trailer so I walked over to driver side and the guy asked "is this where you take off your chains?"

I said "for idiots like you the chain off area is another 5 miles down the road" and walked away.

clean hairy

To stay on topic of "idiots on the road"
Get on youtube, and put "idiots on the road" in the search box.
You may be scratching your head when watching some of those videos.

Zowert

Does that make you feel like a tough guy
Nah, it’s more to embarrass the A-hole. This is a commercial street, all small businesses up and down the ave. They’re always u-turning to take a parallel parking spot on the other side of the road (over a double yellow). I lay on the horn to embarrass these jerks, enforcing peer pressure. Hopefully it lets them know it’s not okay to pull an illegal maneuver and inconvenience everyone around them to get a parking spot. Not sure where you got using your horn is some kind of ‘tough guy’ thing. It’s about communication. If I was a tough guy I’d hop out and start a fist fight like you’re supposed to.

D bag

Last edited:

MassWineGuy

I drive a very busy highway everyday for my route. Nearly every day I see things other drivers do that I think is the worst I've ever seen. Until the next day. Last week I was rear ended while starting a left turn.