Oh My But The Yard Was Slammed Today!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Sleeve, are you laughing because it was an easy day? For Saturday air, leaving the building at 9, only 27 stops sounds easy to me.

Yeah, they couldve shoved all that out Saturday to make the rest of the week easy, but no. The idiots running the show have mental issues.

Btw, today was a really heavy day. I'm sure you all felt it in some way or another.

over9five

Staff member
I do!! I have two kids(14 and 16) and I would rather see them than make any overtime. I would take 8hrs a day everyday!!

That is my work philosophy as well.

Let me ask you something. Every time I put in for an 8 hour day I get denied .

Don't we get two per month?

Is it up to them what day they give it to us or when we need it.

Any advice.

Thanks

It is certainly not up to them to decide when you need an 8 hour day. Start filing for your RIGHT under the contract that they agreed to.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Today wasn't bad at all, I worked an 8.25 day and walked out the gate in the daylight. I had 149 stops, 69 were air packages and 104 were ground. Normally, about a fourth of my packages are air.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Columbia was loaded with Shiny trls. Two of my trls were nothing but flowers- Plus Columbia had to send and extra load down. Glad I don't do package......

Just_another_day_at_work

Let me ask you something. Every time I put in for an 8 hour day I get denied .

Don't we get two per month?

Is it up to them what day they give it to us or when we need it.

Any advice.

Thanks
Two per month if it's honored. If not, you can request as many time as you wish and file for 2 hours penalty pay (at least here) for each time it's denied. I have been putting it for every friday, so far it's denied.
When you need it, you request it. It's in your contract, read it.