Oh No, More Snow.....

browniehound

Yep, snow days are easy days. The next day suks, though.

And the next day. And the next day, etc. It started snowing here Dec 26th and really hasn't stopped. I havn't had a good day or under 10 since. Is it me? I'm 20-30 stops behind at 1400 everyday now. Have to wait for plows, move over for cars, but I still feel like I shouldn't be that far behind. I had 32 left at 1710 Friday which would normally have me finished by 1830. I didn't finish until 1905. Did I age overnight? Or is my slowness justified in being careful and safe because you just can't see nothing here! The snow banks are 15 feet high in some spots!

I'm just concerned that they are going to OJS me in April and say well you did this SPOHR in jan, feb, march, and then we rode with you in April and you were 2 stops per hour better.

I actually want an OJS because I and every cover driver thinks I have too much work but I would like my numbers compared to a fair day out there. I, we(cover guys too) having been asking for an OJS since early 2010. It just ain't happening. Why is that? They have done at least 10-15 OJS since but choose to ignore me.

Do you think its as simple as they would have to take work off of the route?

I'm begining to get burnt out. 9.5 - 10 is OK with me. But now I'm 10.5-11.5 everyday and this after I give a split away. I like the money but I just can't do it anymore. I'm spent. Especially when its cold, dark, snowy, and wet. I'm burnt.

over9five

Staff member
Massachusetts buildings, homes, schools and barns are collapsing under the weight of heavy snow from successive winter storms.

Over 100 roofs have collapsed. Can you say, "Too much snow"?

Yes, you are right, experienced UPS divers are old-timers.
I can only imagine how those feeder drivers change lanes constantly in the city.

Good for them.

It's better then stepping on the brakes !

Let`s try again,shall we.

K, if you had accumulated any "safe driving" time during your career you would know that acting upon a situation and avoiding it is better than reacting to it and having to "step on the brakes".

klein

Für Meno :)
Let`s try again,shall we.

K, if you had accumulated any "safe driving" time during your career you would know that acting upon a situation and avoiding it is better than reacting to it and having to "step on the brakes".

I did get a knife set !