Man, Are All of The New Drivers Jerks?

Box Ox

Met one of the relief drivers today and he was such a jerk!

I asked where the regular driver was and a couple other questions
and he was being such an a-hole.

Long hair in a man bun on top. manicured beard with ear rings and tats......and ATTITUDE!.
I'm seeing this more and more with the new drivers. This is NOT an isolated case.

What a disgrace.

Good way to keep the company growing , people.

If everyone else is always the a-hole it's probably you who's actually the a-hole.

allahuakbar

She/Her
He don’t have to explain :censored2: to you. Shut the friend up. I tell everyone that asks about who I’m covering “if they wanted you to know where they were they woulda told you” or “they crashed on the way to work and I haven’t heard anything since”

Steamer

Long hair in a man bun on top. manicured beard with ear rings and tats......and ATTITUDE!.
I'm seeing this more and more with the new drivers. This is NOT an isolated case.

What a disgrace.

Well, considering there are 40,000 drivers in the USA. You saw maybe 3 (0.0075%) and assume it's all the same everywhere. That would be like assuming this many of that happen with those many of those types of things. Generalizing entire groups for a few.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's honestly amazing how much an older driver can piss me off with just a few words. Don't act on it or refuse to do anything but might start laughing uncontrollably. It's %100 a cultural and ideological shift.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

What a disgrace.

This is one of the first things I agree with you on. Most new ones are rats also. They love helping people get fired..

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It's honestly amazing how much an older driver can piss me off with just a few words. Don't act on it or refuse to do anything but might start laughing uncontrollably. It's %100 a cultural and ideological shift.
That may be true but the experience an older driver can impart on you is priceless.

The last couple years ( feeder ) I was a driver mentor. New drivers that had an accident in their first 90 days would ride along with me and another mentor for a day so we could show and tell all of our proper methods and all the little tricks of the trade learned thru the years.

There are too many examples to list but most feeder drivers know what I am talking about. Not everything goes as planned.

Two weeks of training is of course not even close to enough. Drivers are taught proper methods and safety but what I did was show drivers all the things that can go wrong or things that can come up that is not in the "book.".

Not sure if my old hub still has this program. The center manager who started it has moved up the district chain.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That may be true but the experience an older driver can impart on you is priceless.

The last couple years ( feeder ) I was a driver mentor. New drivers that had an accident in their first 90 days would ride along with me and another mentor for a day so we could show and tell all of our proper methods and all the little tricks of the trade learned thru the years.

There are too many examples to list but most feeder drivers know what I am talking about. Not everything goes as planned.

Two weeks of training is of course not even close to enough. Drivers are taught proper methods and safety but what I did was show drivers all the things that can go wrong or things that can come up that is not in the "book.".

Not sure if my old hub still has this program. The center manager who started it has moved up the district chain.
Stripping tips?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You ever give any handys on these ride alongs

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
probably right. I was just trying to be friendly. asking about the hub and the different old bosses and such. he kinda changed his tune after I told him I was a retired feeder. but that doesnt excuse his rudeness beforehand.

Not a good impression.
You tell that young buck , Frank! 💪🏼 😤

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
probably right. I was just trying to be friendly. asking about the hub and the different old bosses and such. he kinda changed his tune after I told him I was a retired feeder. but that doesnt excuse his rudeness beforehand.

Not a good impression.
He probably remembered you from your stripping days and thought, WTF