Man, Are All of The New Drivers Jerks?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
probably right. I was just trying to be friendly. asking about the hub and the different old bosses and such. he kinda changed his tune after I told him I was a retired feeder. but that doesnt excuse his rudeness beforehand.

Not a good impression.
Did you offer him a rub n’ tug?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Met one of the relief drivers today and he was such a jerk!

I asked where the regular driver was and a couple other questions
and he was being such an a-hole.

Long hair in a man bun on top. manicured beard with ear rings and tats......and ATTITUDE!.
I'm seeing this more and more with the new drivers. This is NOT an isolated case.

What a disgrace.

Good way to keep the company growing , people.
1659574718696.gif

Sixth Punch Sense

probably right. I was just trying to be friendly. asking about the hub and the different old bosses and such. he kinda changed his tune after I told him I was a retired feeder. but that doesnt excuse his rudeness beforehand.

Not a good impression.
Eh, I have a guy like that on my route, retired feeder. Asks me the same questions every time I see him, even came up to me on my break to ask the same damn questions. I'm always cordial but damn I've been doing his neighborhood for 2 plus years. Either he's senile or he thinks being a retired upser is cool. This job isn't that special

542thruNthru

Eh, I have a guy like that on my route, retired feeder. Asks me the same questions every time I see him, even came up to me on my break to ask the same damn questions. I'm always cordial but damn I've been doing his neighborhood for 2 plus years. Either he's senile or he thinks being a retired upser is cool. This job isn't that special
All these retired guys try and keep living the dream. @rod drives by his old building all the time just to look at the new drivers and think about how much better he would be then them right now.

:)

Brownwind

Long hair in a man bun on top. manicured beard with ear rings and tats......and ATTITUDE!.
I'm seeing this more and more with the new drivers. This is NOT an isolated case.

What a disgrace.

I’m sorry that you didn’t get the respect a customer deserves. Some of the younger drivers haven’t adjusted to their role in keeping our reputation strong. As drivers we’re trained that customers are king and we will do what we can to show them they are.
In his defense he might have been having a rough day (a great deal of heat today) and you caught him at his worst. I’m confident when your regular driver returns he will make it right.

Brownwind

Yep. You described it better than most. Sometimes it’s like “dude I got it, you worked for ups and you know it all”. Enjoy your checks and retirement already

mcsketcher

I’m a new cover, I guess. They still haven’t actually told me I qualified yet, but the time is up and I’m gonna keep showing up as long as they don’t tell me otherwise and I get paid.

It’s a diff company than what the oldsters cut their teeth on. I don’t get the feeling the managers care about much. They’re all young too. I don’t plan on doing 200+ stops a day til I retire like they tell me I have to.

Businesses have a pattern, like civilization. UPS is past the hump and if I get to $40 or $50/hr, whatever top rate ends up being, I’ll invest the OT, forget about the pension, and move on when UPS crumbles or turns 100% into FedEx or Amazon.

It’s a different world now. We aren’t special anymore, and we don’t care about your feelings or looking like sweaty business men to carry boxes around.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I’m sorry that you didn’t get the respect a customer deserves. Some of the younger drivers haven’t adjusted to their role in keeping our reputation strong. As drivers we’re trained that customers are king and we will do what we can to show them they are.
In his defense he might have been having a rough day (a great deal of heat today) and you caught him at his worst. I’m confident when your regular driver returns he will make it right.
You must be high

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Just a job

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I’m a new cover, I guess. They still haven’t actually told me I qualified yet, but the time is up and I’m gonna keep showing up as long as they don’t tell me otherwise and I get paid.

It’s a diff company than what the oldsters cut their teeth on. I don’t get the feeling the managers care about much. They’re all young too. I don’t plan on doing 200+ stops a day til I retire like they tell me I have to.

Businesses have a pattern, like civilization. UPS is past the hump and if I get to $40 or $50/hr, whatever top rate ends up being, I’ll invest the OT, forget about the pension, and move on when UPS crumbles or turns 100% into FedEx or Amazon.

It’s a different world now. We aren’t special anymore, and we don’t care about your feelings or looking like sweaty business men to carry boxes around.
No sir my route used to do 130-150 I did 90 today. I’ve been doing it 3 months.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

What a disgrace.

93515172-F49C-477C-9865-77FD0D29A604.gif

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
It doesnt matter if the company wants to lower it's standards.

I never did and never will. I always went to work clean with a clean uniform and was always respectful to the general public.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

I never did and never will. I always went to work clean with a clean uniform and was always respectful to the general public.
Your standards are already pretty low so I don’t think it mattered much. Did you go for the hot, slutty look? Or the shy, school girl slut look?

Brownwind

Agree with you 100%. Keep the bar high. Our reputation is our calling card. It seams like more than a few want to lower the standards. I will always remember my first steward when I was introduced to the union. “A strong profitable company means a strong paycheck. Keep the company wealthy and you will be also’
We were rigid but he was right we did make bank

rod

Retired 22 years
All these retired guys try and keep living the dream. @rod drives by his old building all the time just to look at the new drivers and think about how much better he would be then them right now.

:)
I have to drive by my old building at least 2 or 3 times a week unless I want to take the LONG way to where I'm going. I don't recognize any of the drivers anymore even though I worked with a half a dozen of them. They all look like California street bums now.