Oh, the joys of Saturday

vantexan

Same here, worked a lot of Saturday's, delivered to ER's many times on Saturday. Don't ever recall seeing a UPS guy waiting at the loading dock on Saturday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Same here, worked a lot of Saturday's, delivered to ER's many times on Saturday. Don't ever recall seeing a UPS guy waiting at the loading dock on Saturday.

Our local hospital requires all deliveries be made to receiving, even on Saturday. There is a phone right by the receiving door that we use to call the switchboard to have someone meet us. They do not want us wandering around the hospital.

Purplepackage

Our local hospital requires all deliveries be made to receiving, even on Saturday. There is a phone right by the receiving door that we use to call the switchboard to have someone meet us. They do not want us wandering around the hospital.

Yeah it's pretty dangerous to have people wander around the ER reception area.........

Kuda

W
Well obviously all hospitals operate exactly like your local hospital...the op must be lying..lol

R

RuralRoute

I know you won't believe me, and I'm done replying to this thread, but every hospital I've been to with the exception of one allows me to walk freely (within reason, of course, can't go wandering into live OR's or anything.) I remember how strange I felt when I first started the job at the fact of how several places grant us access so easily.

overflowed

Please tell me of any hospital that allows delivery people to walk freely around the building.

I'll wait.
I know your in the sticks Dave. If in my city you are wearing a fedex or UPS uniform? You have access to basically any building with the exception of government buildings. Everyone else nods or waves you through. I used to go to museums, movie theaters, all kinds of stuff on break, just walk right in and they pay you no mind.

l22

I know your in the sticks Dave. If in my city you are wearing a fedex or UPS uniform? You have access to basically any building with the exception of government buildings. Everyone else nods or waves you through. I used to go to museums, movie theaters, all kinds of stuff on break, just walk right in and they pay you no mind.

In my experience, this has been the case more often than not. It is interesting and weird going inside some places when their pkg requires a DSR - when the people at the front desk refuse to sign and try sending you somewhere else. I have been to a hospice for a DSR and it required me to walk through the hallways with patients in every room, it felt really weird (no disrespect to the patients meant). "Weird" is basically something that comes with this job - normality goes out the window more often than not haha.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
In my experience, this has been the case more often than not. It is interesting and weird going inside some places when their pkg requires a DSR - when the people at the front desk refuse to sign and try sending you somewhere else. I have been to a hospice for a DSR and it required me to walk through the hallways with patients in every room, it felt really weird (no disrespect to the patients meant). "Weird" is basically something that comes with this job - normality goes out the window more often than not haha.

When they do that, I just tell them, "Okay, I'll try again tomorrow." and turn around.

Haven't had them let me leave the building with a package ever after you tell them that.

If its addressed to building without any further information (ie: third floor, suite __, office A) then it goes to the front desk and that's it. That is, unless the company has a receiving dock which is my first "go to" location.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
hmm, i do the same thing ~ head over to the receiving dock & i get buzzed in to their mailroom if they're working on that day

if the receiving area is closed on saturdays (HD usually only has one or 2 boxes for that stop anyways) & i just tell the front desk/security person to please take it to the mailroom today or you won't see it until our next operating day ~Tues

the co-locations are better to deal with it because it can be shifted to Ground on a Monday's out-for-delivery status

-------------------
had a Lowes box and their receiving dept was only operating M-friend... it was only a hammock being shipped (site-to-store) for a customer

so i just ask the clerk to sign for it so their customer can pick it up on the weekend days instead of waiting until Tues to get a call...

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
hmm, i do the same thing ~ head over to the receiving dock & i get buzzed in to their mailroom if they're working on that day

if the receiving area is closed on saturdays (HD usually only has one or 2 boxes for that stop anyways) & i just tell the front desk/security person to please take it to the mailroom today or you won't see it until our next operating day ~Tues

the co-locations are better to deal with it because it can be shifted to Ground on a Monday's out-for-delivery status

-------------------
had a Lowes box and their receiving dept was only operating M-friend... it was only a hammock being shipped (site-to-store) for a customer

so i just ask the clerk to sign for it so their customer can pick it up on the weekend days instead of waiting until Tues to get a call...

Yep! I add a stop comment of "refused delivery by receptionist will reattempt next business day". Just so who's ever package it is knows that I was there and an employee refused to take it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
used code 07 or 11? in either case you got shafted for making the attempt and not getting paid for it :(

if you coded it a 06, you still need a signature for them to refuse it ~ but that'll be RTS time & you get paid for code 06's yes?