Oh, the joys of Saturday

dezguy

Just say "Ok, you can explain to your manager why you guys didn't receive your package", if they refuse to sign for it. Usually gets a signature pretty quick.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It's a DSR, so it's not like I can just drop it. I can't wait all day, so I go back to the same little bimbos and tell them it has been left in the correct place, now PLEASE sign here. They look at each other like I just told them I know their racks are fake, and say "Sorry, I can't be held liable for that."
Really!?
I'm done. The package is where it is, and a janitor signed for it on my way out with an obviously fake name.

Your plan if the janitor wouldn't sign for it on the way out?

59 Dano

In my experience, this has been the case more often than not. It is interesting and weird going inside some places when their pkg requires a DSR - when the people at the front desk refuse to sign and try sending you somewhere else.

Just say out loud to no one in particular as you push buttons on your Powerpad, "Refused by Susan [or whomever] at front desk." It works wonders.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just say out loud to no one in particular as you push buttons on your Powerpad, "Refused by Susan [or whomever] at front desk." It works wonders.

Wow. I thought you'd say something like we need to wait until someone who can be found to sign. My policy has always been 60 seconds at a stop. If nobody will sign, it's refused, and I will make sure I cannot get back for a second attempt that day.

Purplepackage

Wow. I thought you'd say something like we need to wait until someone who can be found to sign. My policy has always been 60 seconds at a stop. If nobody will sign, it's refused, and I will make sure I cannot get back for a second attempt that day.

A minute should be all you have to wait for a signature at a buisness. I have a grocery store that thinks I'm going to wait 10 minutes until they find a manager, let's just they learned pretty quickly that I won't be waiting.

Even better is I have a stop where the company gets everything through the front door, well friday they had 12 P1 computer boxes and the guy that answered the door signs the power pad and says to me "you'll have to take those to the mail room now" yeah I don't think so buddy my job is to get the stuff to the door and get your signature not my problem now

59 Dano

A minute should be all you have to wait for a signature at a buisness. I have a grocery store that thinks I'm going to wait 10 minutes until they find a manager, let's just they learned pretty quickly that I won't be waiting.

I would always wait a little longer if I had the time and they were showing a sense of urgency, a little less in most other situations. Might swing back around later on.

Purplepackage

I would always wait a little longer if I had the time and they were showing a sense of urgency, a little less in most other situations. Might swing back around later on.

Sure if they are actively trying, more than once te teenager behind the customer service counter has seen me and has said I'll call a manager, she then proceeds to help 4 people and then picks up the phone to call a manager, it only took this happening once to know I'm not waiting, and I will not be swinging back because I actually have a busy day

59 Dano

Sure if they are actively trying, more than once te teenager behind the customer service counter has seen me and has said I'll call a manager, she then proceeds to help 4 people and then picks up the phone to call a manager, it only took this happening once to know I'm not waiting, and I will not be swinging back because I actually have a busy day

I've lost count of how many times I've waited way longer than I should have or went back. In either case, I greeted them with my smiling face and got the signature, accompanied by a brief polite, tactful, and pleasant explanation of what I need from them. I can count on one hand how many times it was for naught.

Purplepackage

I've lost count of how many times I've waited way longer than I should have or went back. In either case, I greeted them with my smiling face and got the signature, accompanied by a brief polite, tactful, and pleasant explanation of what I need from them. I can count on one hand how many times it was for naught.

I assume the last time you were on road was around 1985

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

At Station One, everything runs as if The Borg were in charge, because they are. Dano is an invention, not a "manager", or a "courier". He's someone who gets paid to go onto social media and deflect criticism of FedEx and it's leaders, and he isn't very good at it. Fred gets what he pays for.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
i don't mind working saturdays; it's a slower pace so i don't have to compete with other drivers during "rush hour" or have to detour around school zones when "school is out"

plus, i get the mondays for doing some errands, like renewing my drivers license.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/saturdays.357784/page-3

what do ya know?!? looks like UPS is trying to be like FX HD with the tues-sat schedule too!?!

calicio56 said:
I'm on that tues - sat schedule. Love it. I just get overtime the whole day, even after 8hrs.... and get all my errands done while everyone else is at work

at least we don't work on Sundays like USPS (well with the few exceptions by express and ups on those special holidays)

Last edited: