Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, just a matter of another day, and the true beginning of the worst enviromental disaster in the US, perhaps the world, will really take effect.

It's a shame, and it already freightens me to look forward and seeing pics and videos, newscasts from dead birds, sea life, etc.

I can only hope they will stop the leak a.s.a.p and hopefully a lot of american volunteers will be ready for the help needed on the shores.
Maybe, even a few UPSers that live nearby could do a small share on a weekend ?

This is soo huge, that government and BP alone won't be able to clean it up.

What a shame !
Not even a miracle can help now :(

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gee, maybe Obama planned this whole oil leak so he could cancel any future oil drilling plans and not look bad.

Sounds the same as 9-11 theories I've heard.

rod

Retired 22 years
A perfect excuse to raise gas prices----as if they needed one. Watch wall street take a nosedive now

The U.S. is used to slimy things showing up on its beaches.

Klein.jpg
Klein.jpg

klein

The U.S. is used to slimy things showing up on its beaches.

View attachment 4189

Thats actually Bahamas LOL nice pic :)

But seriously, was just watching CBC news, and the press meeting they held in LA.
Doesn't look good. 800.000 ltrs of oil entering the ocean daily.
All fish, wildlife, and grasslands will take a major hit, with no stopping it. Or even stopping the spill.
I don't like it.
Most disasterous man made attack on this planet ever !
Just a matter of time for other states on the Gulf to be hit as well.

It's depressing to be part of this history making, and leaving the future of the next generation living with it.
What a shame to mother nature, and all the dead species and grasland it will cost.

:sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little:

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Thats actually Bahamas LOL nice pic :)

But seriously, was just watching CBC news, and the press meeting they held in LA.
Doesn't look good. 800.000 ltrs of oil entering the ocean daily.
All fish, wildlife, and grasslands will take a major hit, with no stopping it. Or even stopping the spill.
I don't like it.
Most disasterous man made attack on this planet ever !
Just a matter of time for other states on the Gulf to be hit as well.

It's depressing to be part of this history making, and leaving the future of the next generation living with it.
What a shame to mother nature, and all the dead species and grasland it will cost.

:sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little::sad-little:

Hopefully they can get the oil stopped soon and stop some of the damage. This will also affect fishing and tourist business in the gulf.

I remember when Saddam blew up all the oil wells when we ran him out of Kuwait...that was a huge mess also.

klein

Hopefully they can get the oil stopped soon and stop some of the damage. This will also affect fishing and tourist business in the gulf.

I remember when Saddam blew up all the oil wells when we ran him out of Kuwait...that was a huge mess also.

They brought that into comparison. But nothing compares to this one. Valdez in Alaska, every 4 days it spills out of the gulf site ( 10 days flowing already)... maybe another 90 to go ??????
It certainly will change the way offshore drilling will be done in the future. (that 2 holes must be drilled) - one for safety stoppage/release.
Live and learn. But this is HUGE !!!
I can't see BP paying for it all. Unless they declare bankruptcy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The area will recover. It takes time. There are spills daily, just not so big. The Exxon Valdez area has recovered a lot.

They can burn the grassy marshes....that's what mother nature does with lightening strikes.

The price of shrimp & oysters will rise.........shrimpers are out of work for now....happens to auto workers too (being out of work).

It's big, but it can be healed with time.

BP has deep pockets to help clean up.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
The area will recover. It takes time. There are spills daily, just not so big. The Exxon Valdez area has recovered a lot.

They can burn the grassy marshes....that's what mother nature does with lightening strikes.

The price of shrimp & oysters will rise.........shrimpers are out of work for now....happens to auto workers too (being out of work).

It's big, but it can be healed with.

BP has deep pockets to help clean up.

I just visited Prince William Sound Monday and it was beautiful.:happy-very:

Im sure BP can afford it and if not they will just sell off assets to pay for it.

rod

Retired 22 years
25 years from now you won't even notice it--------------------unless you turn over a beach rock:sad-little: This ain't going to be purdy folks.

klein

And I just seen on my news here, that other countries that have offshore drilling, actually have regulated safety messures and valves etc, in place, to prevent that (leaks and spills) from ever happening.
But, in the US those safety standards are not a requirement.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, just a matter of another day, and the true beginning of the worst enviromental disaster in the US, perhaps the world, will really take effect.

It's a shame, and it already freightens me to look forward and seeing pics and videos, newscasts from dead birds, sea life, etc.

I can only hope they will stop the leak a.s.a.p and hopefully a lot of american volunteers will be ready for the help needed on the shores.
Maybe, even a few UPSers that live nearby could do a small share on a weekend ?

This is soo huge, that government and BP alone won't be able to clean it up.

What a shame !
Not even a miracle can help now :(
Good grief Klein, get a grip. Did you pray for a miracle to happen? Did you pray at all? I bet you're just running around waving your hands in the air and shouting that the sky is falling. And here's the kicker................ And I just seen on my news here, that other countries that have offshore drilling, actually have regulated safety messures and valves etc, in place, to prevent that (leaks and spills) from ever happening.
But, in the US those safety standards are not a requirement. And? Live and learn already. How do you think those safety measures came into existence? Disasters happen and then things get better all the time. I'm sure you've lived through earthquake's, war's, brush fire's, mud slide's, mass murder's and every other type of calamity.

klein

Good grief Klein, get a grip. Did you pray for a miracle to happen? Did you pray at all? I bet you're just running around waving your hands in the air and shouting that the sky is falling. And here's the kicker................ And I just seen on my news here, that other countries that have offshore drilling, actually have regulated safety messures and valves etc, in place, to prevent that (leaks and spills) from ever happening.
But, in the US those safety standards are not a requirement. And? Live and learn already. How do you think those safety measures came into existence? Disasters happen and then things get better all the time. I'm sure you've lived through earthquake's, war's, brush fire's, mud slide's, mass murder's and every other type of calamity.

Well, Stevie, now you and your family can live thru the largest man made disaster that ever hit this planet.
Don't even think Florida is safe, probably be on your east coast within a week.
If you wanna joke or downplay it, thats up to you.
It's all you're gonna see on the news now for the next few months.
800.000 liters spilling each and every day.... they think it will take 90 days just to stop the leak.
How many more years for clean up ?

Yes, I am a bit of a nature friend. I tend to take care of it. Alaska Oil spill sickened me , too , at that time.
Gee, today was garbage day here, I took out my garbage, seen that my neighbor had 2 milk jugs in his, took them out for recycle !

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well, Stevie, now you and your family can live thru the largest man made disaster that ever hit this planet.
Don't even think Florida is safe, probably be on your east coast within a week.
If you wanna joke or downplay it, thats up to you.
It's all you're gonna see on the news now for the next few months.
800.000 liters spilling each and every day.... they think it will take 90 days just to stop the leak.
How many more years for clean up ?

Yes, I am a bit of a nature friend. I tend to take care of it. Alaska Oil spill sickened me , too , at that time.
Gee, today was garbage day here, I took out my garbage, seen that my neighbor had 2 milk jugs in his, took them out for recycle !
Only my closest friends have the privilege of calling me Stevie, I'll let you know when you reach that status, thank you. I'm not making light of this disaster or the fact that you're a nature freak. I would think that most of us are actually nature freaks by design. What I am saying is that these things happen. The way you're posting it, makes it seem like it's the end of the world. It's not, but if it was, I'd be ready for that chapter as well; Are you?

klein

Only my closest friends have the privilege of calling me Stevie, I'll let you know when you reach that status, thank you. I'm not making light of this disaster or the fact that you're a nature freak. I would think that most of us are actually nature freaks by design. What I am saying is that these things happen. The way you're posting it, makes it seem like it's the end of the world. It's not, but if it was, I'd be ready for that chapter as well; Are you?

No, these things shouldn't happen.
I heard now, the first biggest mistake they made was actually putting the fire out on the rig itself. Should have kept the oil burning.
This is all just the beginning.
Hurricane season is about to start. Will start long before the leak is stopped.
And what do Hurricanes do over extreme warm waters ? Gain more strength !
Extreme warm waters from the oil and the sun heating up the darker waters.

In a way, people in the south do need to pray, that a hurricane doesn't show up during the spill this Spring or Summer.

Nothing you can do now. Take it day by day, and hope for the best.

As for your last question.: I needed to smirkel on that one. I'm more ready then you think.
Don't have a job, don't have kids or wife.
And more depressing snow in the forecast for next week !

Need to spend my money first, travel a bit more.... but , that would just be another luxery.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
And I just seen on my news here, that other countries that have offshore drilling, actually have regulated safety messures and valves etc, in place, to prevent that (leaks and spills) from ever happening.
But, in the US those safety standards are not a requirement.

I smell Klein doing one of the things he does best...bashing America. So in Canada do you have "regulated safety measures" on all your oil drilling equipment? Also could you please post evidence that we dont have "regulated safety measures". I really think you are jumping up and down smiling about this because it happened in the states.

klein

I smell Klein doing one of the things he does best...bashing America. So in Canada do you have "regulated saefty measures" on all your oil drilling equipment? Also could you please post evidence that we dont have "regulated safety measures". I really think you are jumping up and down smiling about this because it happened in the states.

No, not at all jumping up or down on such news ! But, I did just finish watching my news hour. Yes, we have those extra safety messures in place, like most other countries do.
If there is a brighter side to this (according to my Alberta news) : Offshore drilling is going to be less attractive and more expensive in the future. And probably will come close to a standstill.
Which means, more exploration in northern Canada and maybe the artic.
It makes our "dirty" Oil sands, look darn good now.

But, really no, It's going to hurt to see the upcomming pics and vids from dead wild/sealife and plants, etc.
I'm disturbed about the fact, in the time it took me to type and post this message, another 10.000+ liters went into sea !! :(

Lue C Fur

Evil member
No, not at all jumping up or down on such news ! But, I did just finish watching my news hour. Yes, we have those extra safety messures in place, like most other countries do.
If there is a brighter side to this (according to my Alberta news) : Offshore drilling is going to be less attractive and more expensive in the future. And probably will come close to a standstill.
Which means, more exploration in northern Canada and maybe the artic.
It makes our "dirty" Oil sands, look darn good now.

But, really no, It's going to hurt to see the upcomming pics and vids from dead wild/sealife and plants, etc.
I'm disturbed about the fact, in the time it took me to type and post this message, another 10.000+ liters went into sea !! :(

Typical Klein...you dance around the question and cant back up your BS...your pathetic.