Oil reaching the Gulf Coast

diesel96

Why would the GOP need to apologize to BP?

Gee Tex, I'm surprised you didn't catch that one, I do believe the Corporate culprit apologizing Rep was from your state....

Also a jab of parady towards the Conservative mfg'ed Obama apology tour.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Resurrecting this thread reminds me all over again how slow B.O. was to react to the spill. Like his reacting to Libya.....SLOW!! Like his reacting to WI.......SLOW. we should call him 'Heinz' for short......he's that slow.

diesel96

Resurrecting this thread reminds me all over again how slow B.O. was to react to the spill. Like his reacting to Libya.....SLOW!! Like his reacting to WI.......SLOW. we should call him 'Heinz' for short......he's that slow.

I agree with Wisconsin....He said on the campaign trail, if anybody attack Unions collective bargining tenents, that he would put on some comfy shoes and stand in the picket lines. As far as the spill, the Coast Guard was dispatched within hours to access the situation and take charge of a difficult deep water savage never attempted before. Libya could have turned into another Iran hostage situation. Immediate action was stepped up as soon as Americans were safely out of the country...

Funny how the Conservatives and the Fox Nation originally were pro-Muburack and against a pro-democracy rebellion. Wasn't that Cheney's and GW's objective in their mfg'ed wars after the cat was out of the bag as far as made up WMD's and mushroom clouds...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
he would put on some comfy shoes and stand in the picket lines, but everyone else on the picket line will be asked to provide their birthdates, Social Security numbers and citizen status to the Secret Service so background checks could be performed. Such a check is required for anyone who gets within an arm’s length of the president.

island1fox

How could Obama stand on that picket line when his federal workers have limited collective bargaining that Carter did to them !!! How do you think he was able to freeze federal workers pay this year ???:happy-very:
The Wisconsin gov is not so radical ---this was already done by President Carter !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree with Wisconsin....He said on the campaign trail, if anybody attack Unions collective bargining tenents, that he would put on some comfy shoes and stand in the picket lines. As far as the spill, the Coast Guard was dispatched within hours to access the situation and take charge of a difficult deep water savage never attempted before. Libya could have turned into another Iran hostage situation. Immediate action was stepped up as soon as Americans were safely out of the country...

Funny how the Conservatives and the Fox Nation originally were pro-Muburack and against a pro-democracy rebellion. Wasn't that Cheney's and GW's objective in their mfg'ed wars after the cat was out of the bag as far as made up WMD's and mushroom clouds...

Oh, you saw him walking a picket line in Wisconsin??? When was that?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CANNES, France (AFP) — Peter Fonda launched a four-letter attack on US President Barack Obama at the Cannes film festival on Wednesday, calling him a traitor over the handling of the aftermath of the Gulf oil spill.
The star of the 1969 road movie “Easy Rider” was in Cannes for the premiere of “The Big Fix” by Rebecca and Josh Tickell, the only feature documentary in the official selection at the Cannes film festival this year.
Fonda — a keen environmentalist and co-producer of the film which centres on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon, the ensuing spill and its consequences — accused Washington of trying to gag reporting on the issue.
“I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a friend(expletive) traitor,’ using those words… ‘You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military — in this case the coastguard — what they can and could not do, and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do’.”

CANNES, France (AFP) — Peter Fonda launched a four-letter attack on US President Barack Obama at the Cannes film festival on Wednesday, calling him a traitor over the handling of the aftermath of the Gulf oil spill.
The star of the 1969 road movie “Easy Rider” was in Cannes for the premiere of “The Big Fix” by Rebecca and Josh Tickell, the only feature documentary in the official selection at the Cannes film festival this year.
Fonda — a keen environmentalist and co-producer of the film which centres on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon, the ensuing spill and its consequences — accused Washington of trying to gag reporting on the issue.
“I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a friend(expletive) traitor,’ using those words… ‘You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military — in this case the coastguard — what they can and could not do, and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do’.”
Well geeez, I said the same things and no one put it in the paper. All of that was to promote his latest film effort. For some reason "celebrities" seem to think their ideas reign supreme.

wkmac

Well geeez, I said the same things and no one put it in the paper. All of that was to promote his latest film effort. For some reason "celebrities" seem to think their ideas reign supreme.

Being that he got print and you didn't suggests their ideas are supreme!:happy-very:
Welcome to our World of the Broke and Unpopular or in other words, normal folk!
:wink2:

Baba, good find. There is a lot more to this story than we really know IMO and I'm seeing material,data and facts coming out from all sides on this thing. For example, Dr. Micheal Robichaux spoke not long ago to the Baton Rouge Press Club on the health effects and even gave specific case examples of direct spill effects. You can see his presentation here

[video=vimeo;21370723]http://vimeo.com/21370723"[/video]

Being that he got print and you didn't suggests their ideas are supreme!:happy-very:
Welcome to our World of the Broke and Unpopular or in other words, normal folk!
:wink2:
Oh, I'm quite accustomed to the broke, unpopular and normality of life.
I'm not sure why, but it bothers me when a celebrity comes out on an issue, just a short time before their next movie, documentary or book is about to be released, with some cause to push. I'm glad they can get the press to help various organizations or charities because of their familiarity to the public eye. The problem is most of them we never hear a word out of until it's time to plug the latest whatever. All in all, IMO, that takes away from the cause.

wkmac

Oh, I'm quite accustomed to the broke, unpopular and normality of life.
I'm not sure why, but it bothers me when a celebrity comes out on an issue, just a short time before their next movie, documentary or book is about to be released, with some cause to push. I'm glad they can get the press to help various organizations or charities because of their familiarity to the public eye. The problem is most of them we never hear a word out of until it's time to plug the latest whatever. All in all, IMO, that takes away from the cause.

Good point!

But then as you observed, seems it's always been that way so since they wallow in their own glory of celebrity, we should wallow and celebrate our normalcy!

:foamfinger::happy-very:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I usually disagree with everything you say, but my hatred for celebrity "experts" runs deep too. If you ever want to see a movie that completely skewers them, watch "Team America", from the guys who brought you South Park.