OJS

Indecisi0n

Is it really a number you can be held to every day for every route? Certain city routes I cover are just always insane busy. From the people to the area it's just never ending change so where 120 is a great day today tomorrow it could be almost 2 hours longer. How are routes like this given a standard number and expected to maintain it ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Is it really a number you can be held to every day for every route? Certain city routes I cover are just always insane busy. From the people to the area it's just never ending change so where 120 is a great day today tomorrow it could be almost 2 hours longer. How are routes like this given a standard number and expected to maintain it ?
Are you talking about using an OJS to determine a fair days work?

I've seen lots of managers try. Never seen one succeed

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You're a cover driver?

Lmao no there's no way they could make those numbers stand.

Here's the only way they'd stand a chance. You average 7 stops and hour for a week. Then you get an OJS and average 12 for those 3 days. Exact same area. Now 2 weeks later you're back down to 7. That's the only way it would ever stand a chance.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They call it a "lock in" for people they deem to have performance issues. They ride with you for 3 days to establish a spohr they see you can hit and attempt to hold you to it. Meanwhile its a fair day's work for a fair day's pay.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'd Article 6, Section One, Paragraph One that crap. "Extra Contract Agreement"

Indecisi0n

Yes am talking about 3 day OJS. They mentioned they want to OJS me because the time/route is so inconsistent. I have it long term while guy is out with surgery.

Indecisi0n

They call it a "lock in" for people they deem to have performance issues. They ride with you for 3 days to establish a spohr they see you can hit and attempt to hold you to it. Meanwhile its a fair day's work for a fair day's pay.
Yea. I am sure I can hit it for the most part but there are a few days in a row I can't because of how the work comes down.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yea. I am sure I can hit it for the most part but there are a few days in a row I can't because of how the work comes down.
Obviously if you have an OJS ride, work at a quick pace so they can't claim you're laying down, but don't use all the dozens of shortcuts you've figured out--the things that knock off 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yes am talking about 3 day OJS. They mentioned they want to OJS me because the time/route is so inconsistent. I have it long term while guy is out with surgery.

Can they really OJS you if it isn't your bid route? How do you do compared to the bid driver? Maybe management is really after him.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obviously if you have an OJS ride, work at a quick pace so they can't claim you're laying down, but don't use all the dozens of shortcuts you've figured out--the things that knock off 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there.

WRONG!!!

Work at a SAFE pace. Follow every stupid method. ALWAYS 3 points of contact, no cutting across yards, scan the package right at the consignee's door. Hide the packages nice and out of sight/weather (takes a few seconds longer than just dropping it on the porch). Stop about every 30 minutes to sort/clean up your load. Run SOLELY air first, THEN double back. Oh, and if it's hot, be sure to take some "cool down" periods to hydrate yourself.

They want to play the game, you just need to win it. It's VERY easy

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Can they really OJS you if it isn't your bid route? How do you do compared to the bid driver? Maybe management is really after him.

I would think that if he's taking it for the foreseeable future, then yes, they can OJS him.

Compare?

Bossman: "Bill can do 180 stops and his pickups and be done by 430, what do you have to say to that?"

Driver: "I'm not Bill."

Orion inc.

I like turtles
WRONG!!!

Work at a SAFE pace. Follow every stupid method. ALWAYS 3 points of contact, no cutting across yards, scan the package right at the consignee's door. Hide the packages nice and out of sight/weather (takes a few seconds longer than just dropping it on the porch). Stop about every 30 minutes to sort/clean up your load. Run SOLELY air first, THEN double back. Oh, and if it's hot, be sure to take some "cool down" periods to hydrate yourself.

And use your handcart like crazy

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
WRONG!!!

If you read pretty much every post I've ever made on BC I always say to work at a safe steady pace. My point is to make it look like he's working with a sense of urgency so they stop busting his chops, but in actuality he's getting even less done than he normally does in the same time by not using all the time saving tricks he's learned.

On one route I used to run I could cut through a business' back gravel lot to cut over to another street that saved three miles and about 10-15 minutes. Orion and on-cars didn't know about it so when I had an Orion weenie with me I went the normal way, then went my way when they weren't with me so I always beat their time and beat Orion's mileage.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If you read pretty much every post I've ever made on BC I always say to work at a safe pace. My point is to make it look like he's working with a sense of urgency so they stop busting his chops,

Who cares if they bust his chops? If you do the job the way they tell you to, they can bust all they want, you just tell them to shutup and continue on with your day

alwaysoverallowed

If they say you need to speed up or its only blah, blah, blah seconds between blah, blah, blah just tell them you are working at a speed conducive to safety

Article 37 is your friend read it before your OJS the part about age and physical limitations can be grieved

9.5er

Couple years ago I was threatened by a Sup by being "locked in" for 3 days. I told him to grab his lunch box and come on. This all came about because I was over allowed every time I covered a certain route. To this day I still an over allowed on that route. Along with every one else that runs it. It is a suck route with a suck time allowance.

FilingBluesFL

Make sure you have photos of your load.

Typically when an OJS is done, the load is magically nicer, and there's room to walk down the center of the car.

Crazy how that works.

Last ride I had, supervisor was out with me until almost 10pm. He was not happy, but didn't really have anything on me. When I was working safe, he kept calling it "delay tactics."

Every time he would try to talk to me while the wheels were rolling, I'd pull the car off the road, park it, and then after it was secured with flashers on, I'd ask him, "What would you like to discuss now that it is safe to do so and I am no longer in driving and my safety won't be compromised."

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Every time he would try to talk to me while the wheels were rolling, I'd pull the car off the road, park it, and then after it was secured with flashers on, I'd ask him, "What would you like to discuss now that it is safe to do so and I am no longer in driving and my safety won't be compromised."

Yep, talking behind the wheel is a huge distraction, especially if being asked to recite useless drivel