Ok California. Now what?

floridays

I looked up last night how many adults live in Cali......30 million. Even if only half of them drive, where in the world would they get that many electric cars by 2035?
Do (should) you really care?
Those who choose to stay there, it's on them.
You stopped changing diapers how long ago?

It's in your future again from your beautiful daughters, don't worry about California.

As @rod says, "screw em."

floridays

These threads are what ruin Brown Cafe. Completely made up.
Makaveli is right, it’s no NEW gasoline cars. This thread is Brown Cafes definition of trolling.
14 years, you clowns are on the clock.
Exactly where does your electricity come from currently?
You clowns don't think beyond yesterday.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Do (should) you really care?
Those who choose to stay there, it's on them.
You stopped changing diapers how long ago?

It's in your future again from your beautiful daughters, don't worry about California.

I have a love/hate relationship with California. It’s the place of my birth and a beautiful state BUT the state is going downhill fast and many people there are bat💩 crazy.

floridays

I hope they do.

Have a few rust free, old heaps I'd like to pick up out there.
Start your alcohol distillery and do your conversion.

Gasoline production will be criminalized.

Let the state wither on the vine now, break them and how they attempt to steer our nation.

MAKAVELI

Okay how much does that cost though, because I’m discussing cars under a $100,000.
Probably less than a third of the Supercars in its class. The technology is advancing very fast and the limits are way beyond traditional internal combustion power.

El Correcto

god is dead
The real downer about Tesla is a $35,000 price tag. Most Americans don’t have a $35,000 vehicles. I’ve seen drivers at UPS still rolling around in :censored2: boxes.

When it comes to speed less than $10,000 with get you a brand new bike with a 3 second 0-60. If you go used you can probably get sub 3 second 0-60’s.

floridays

I have a love/hate relationship with California. It’s the place of my birth and a beautiful state BUT the state is going downhill fast and many people there are bat💩 crazy.
I understand.
Southern, middle or northern?
It is a gorgeous land, I stayed there only as long as required.
Southland, Inland Empire is where I lived, southeast of LA.
I never could get used to listening to the weather, news or whatever and they referred to it as the "southland."

I'm from the SOUTHLAND, born and reared, this ain't the southland, homey.

rickyb

California Governor declares no more gasoline(internal combustion engines)-2035. Think about that....hard. From a state that has spent a billion dollars on a high speed rail line that hasn't moved a shovel full of dirt. Really? They say as California goes the rest of the country follows. Besides about 1 % of far left wing communist, who is asking for this? Has anyone noted the price of electric vehicles and not to mention they don't work? Again, who is asking for this? Ever wonder why the Democrats are desperately trying to disarm the public? If you can connect a few dots, it's to soften up for what's to come. Like, banning all ICE devices....right down to your lawnmower. Retroactively. All of them. No? Take a hard look around. It's happening before your very eyes in broad daylight......they aren't trying to hide it anymore. They don't have to. They have super majorities and can't be stopped. Watch, New York is next.
the longer the right wing fails to understand the science, and hte longer the left fails to carry act acts of civil disobedience that will actually bring us to a sustainable system, the harder our decisions are going to be.

rickyb

the north american transit system is unsustainable. europeans have it right building up and having mass public transit.

rickyb

actually when noam chomsky talks about market failure he uses public transport as an example saying the market doesnt provide these solutions.

It will be fine

The real downer about Tesla is a $35,000 price tag. Most Americans don’t have a $35,000 vehicles. I’ve seen drivers at UPS still rolling around in :censored2: boxes.

When it comes to speed less than $10,000 with get you a brand new bike with a 3 second 0-60. If you go used you can probably get sub 3 second 0-60’s.
The problem might be lack of math skills. Many states have electric vehicle incentives. A Tesla has no fluids to replace, no gas and fewer parts. Total cost of ownership is lower than many cars with a lower price tag.