Ok California. Now what?

newfie

Republicans love to whine like children.

1601217525041.png
1601217540952.png

Poop Head

Judge me.
I would take any V8 dodge, corvette or mustang muscle car over a stupid ass Tesla. Especially once you get into the supercharged V8’s cranking out 700+ hp off the lot.

For the money electric cars and motorcycles just aren’t worth it. Maybe that new Tesla roadster will change my mind, but I doubt it.
Its actually pretty damn impressive, what guys are building now. 10 years from now, its anyones guess. Though stil, for practical pourposes, im a big block guy.

rickyb

Sure they do. You invent or innovate something better and the money will flow towards it.
1 example where this wouldnt happen is if the competition already dominates the market and manipulates it. the rich dont believe in markets, they believe in profits, and they will manipulate it if it benefits them

JJinVA

Aside from slow charging stations, I like electric vehicles. As long as they have steering wheels. None of that self-driving insanity. The states really need to implement some sort of wireless charging into the interstates asphalt for vehicles to charge as they drive to make it feasible. Short of that its down to inventing a new super powerbank battery tech

It will be fine

Aside from slow charging stations, I like electric vehicles. As long as they have steering wheels. None of that self-driving insanity. The states really need to implement some sort of wireless charging into the interstates asphalt for vehicles to charge as they drive to make it feasible. Short of that its down to inventing a new super powerbank battery tech

You really think electrifying asphalt is the most feasible solution? LMFAO!

JJinVA

You really think electrifying asphalt is the most feasible solution? LMFAO!

I know comprehension isnt really something you like to dabble in, but Ill try to break it down into two parts to help you digest it.

Options for making electric cars feasible:

-Option A: Wireless charging inlayed into interstate asphalt to charge as you travel
-Option B: Develop new powerbank system to increase travel distance/decrease weight

Reasons for being unfeasible:

-Long delays in charging stations availability
-Ignorant people of certainly no particular race sitting at the charging station and having full blown life-story conversations on their Obamafone
-In the event that the vehicle runs out of energy, you cant just grab a can and go get a gallon of energy. Youd have to bring enough batteries to power the entire high voltage system

MAKAVELI

I know comprehension isnt really something you like to dabble in, but Ill try to break it down into two parts to help you digest it.

Options for making electric cars feasible:

-Option A: Wireless charging inlayed into interstate asphalt to charge as you travel
-Option B: Develop new powerbank system to increase travel distance/decrease weight

Reasons for being unfeasible:

-Long delays in charging stations availability
-Ignorant people of certainly no particular race sitting at the charging station and having full blown life-story conversations on their Obamafone
-In the event that the vehicle runs out of energy, you cant just grab a can and go get a gallon of energy. Youd have to bring enough batteries to power the entire high voltage system
Tesla has made battery technology to rival gasoline engine miles per tank. They've also made charging technology available for homes. Ttku....

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Tesla has made battery technology to rival gasoline engine miles per tank. They've also made charging technology available for homes. Ttku....
And when it comes time to recharge, what then?

You can refill a gas tank in just a couple of minutes.
How long does it take to charge that battery?

It will be fine

Uh huh.
Try reading. Again.

"How ******LONG******* does it take to charge that battery?
Current Tesla superchargers can get you about 50% in 20 mins. So a few hundred miles of range while you grab lunch on a road trip. Or take a longer break of about an hour for a full charge. If you use an EV as a daily driver you’ll be charging at home mostly so it doesn’t really matter.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Current Tesla superchargers can get you about 50% in 20 mins. So a few hundred miles of range while you grab lunch on a road trip. Or take a longer break of about an hour for a full charge. If you use an EV as a daily driver you’ll be charging at home mostly so it doesn’t really matter.
This is incorrect.
I went directly to Tesla's website, and put in an (admittedly long) road trip that my father used to go on as a kid.
19 hour drive to Florida.

Tesla is giving an estimate of 31 hours for the same trip, based on the charging times.
Using their standard range Model X.

Using a 3 hour 15 minute road trip I used to go on multiple times a summer turns into a 4 hour 17 minute trip, as per their calculator.
That is inconvenient.

I'm a proponent of electric vehicles.
I think the technology will surpass gas vehicles naturally, if you idiots would just leave it alone.
But it just isn't there yet.
And trying to force people to get on board just proves the point that it *is* still currently inferior.

This is incorrect.
I went directly to Tesla's website, and put in an (admittedly long) road trip that my father used to go on as a kid.

Tesla is giving an estimate of 31 hours for the same trip, based on the charging times.

Using a 3 hour 15 minute road trip I used to go on multiple times a summer turns into a 4 hour 17 minute trip, as per their calculator.
That is inconvenient.

I think the technology will surpass gas vehicles naturally, if you idiots would just leave it alone.
And trying to force people to get on board just proves the point that it *is* still currently inferior.
You’re whining about an hour? Like everything else it will get better and better. You think the car is today what it was 80 years ago? So silly.

MAKAVELI

This is incorrect.

That is inconvenient.

Nobody is forcing anyone at this point. Ttku...

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Nobody is forcing anyone at this point. Ttku...
California passed legislature to force people to switch over to electric in the future.

Your argument is wrong, and you are looking for a fight. I made a legitimate point, and was not trolling.
You are the second person to make my ignore list.