Ok California. Now what?

rickyb

Electricity is not free and certainly not pollution free.
Power Plants do have scrubbers on them so maybe not as much CO2 pollution to produce the electricity to power all those electric cars.
Hydrogen powered cars are still a good non-polluting solution albeit extremely expensive.
how much pollution making hte car?

rickyb

The real downer about Tesla is a $35,000 price tag. Most Americans don’t have a $35,000 vehicles. I’ve seen drivers at UPS still rolling around in :censored2: boxes.

When it comes to speed less than $10,000 with get you a brand new bike with a 3 second 0-60. If you go used you can probably get sub 3 second 0-60’s.
dont buy a bike u will be road kill. unless u live in middle of nowhere. its a bad idea for big cities.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I understand.
Southern, middle or northern?
It is a gorgeous land, I stayed there only as long as required.
Southland, Inland Empire is where I lived, southeast of LA.
I never could get used to listening to the weather, news or whatever and they referred to it as the "southland."

I'm from the SOUTHLAND, born and reared, this ain't the southland, homey.
San Francisco.

El Correcto

god is dead
The problem might be lack of math skills. Many states have electric vehicle incentives. A Tesla has no fluids to replace, no gas and fewer parts. Total cost of ownership is lower than many cars with a lower price tag.
Okay, doesn’t change the fact they don’t have the money to get into one. It’s cheaper to do a lot of stuff if you have the cash to do it.

rickyb

I own multiple.
if i was in a city with a bike i would just rent one, not risk my life with it everyday. im an adrenaline junkie. you r putting ur fate in someone elses hands. friends dad got in an accident back in the day, was in a coma, when he finally recovered it ruined his career aspirations. my science teacher had arthritis and other problems after he survived.

floridays

The problem might be lack of math skills. Many states have electric vehicle incentives. A Tesla has no fluids to replace, no gas and fewer parts. Total cost of ownership is lower than many cars with a lower price tag.
Great, my electric vehicle just ran out? I guess of juice.
I'm on 85 heading to Denver, personally, I'm full of fluid.
Exactly where do I charge this?

floridays

If the market wants electric cars, they will be better than anything gas powered and cost less too. No subsidies will be necessary either.
Great, when the market dictates that will happen.
That's the market, did you say anything?

Drive the cushman, I've got a green to attack.

Check your fluids.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Total cost of battery car ownership is much higher than a rational combustion car purchase. You've been hoodwinked.

floridays

Literally nothing. Electric cars hold their value longer. Electricity is cheaper than gasoline especially if you generate it yourself. Maintenance is cheaper with electrics.
Enjoy the first brown out in Cali where smart boy did issued his edict.
The clowns have a hard time supplying the need for electricity now.
Wait till the jackasses have to plug their cars in.

I only called them jackasses because they voted and vote for this type of lunacy.

Jackasses, can't see the burning forest for the burning trees.

Not a smart bunch out there.

@tonyexpress , set me straight if I'm incorrect.
You have a Tesla, what is the future of electricity in California?

quad decade guy

Enjoy the first brown out in Cali where smart boy did issued his edict.
The clowns have a hard time supplying the need for electricity now.
Wait till the jackasses have to plug their cars in.

I only called them jackasses because they voted and vote for this type of lunacy.

Jackasses, can't see the burning forest for the burning trees.

Not a smart bunch out there.

@tonyexpress , set me straight if I'm incorrect.
You have a Tesla, what is the future of electricity in California?

Dark.

oldngray

nowhere special
if i was in a city with a bike i would just rent one, not risk my life with it everyday. im an adrenaline junkie. you r putting ur fate in someone elses hands. friends dad got in an accident back in the day, was in a coma, when he finally recovered it ruined his career aspirations. my science teacher had arthritis and other problems after he survived.
gifdump_3420_03.gif