Ok California. Now what?

It will be fine

This is incorrect.
I went directly to Tesla's website, and put in an (admittedly long) road trip that my father used to go on as a kid.
19 hour drive to Florida.

Tesla is giving an estimate of 31 hours for the same trip, based on the charging times.
Using their standard range Model X.

Using a 3 hour 15 minute road trip I used to go on multiple times a summer turns into a 4 hour 17 minute trip, as per their calculator.
That is inconvenient.

I'm a proponent of electric vehicles.
I think the technology will surpass gas vehicles naturally, if you idiots would just leave it alone.
But it just isn't there yet.
And trying to force people to get on board just proves the point that it *is* still currently inferior.
If you plan on taking long road trips I wouldn’t skimp and buy the standard range car. You are looking for reasons to make it seem impractical. It’s 20 mins for 50% charge. Nothing I posted was incorrect.

It will be fine

California passed legislature to force people to switch over to electric in the future.

Your argument is wrong, and you are looking for a fight. I made a legitimate point, and was not trolling.
You are the second person to make my ignore list.
Nope. They are just stopping the sale of ICE cars. They aren’t forcing anyone to do anything. You don’t have to drive a car at all.

JJinVA

Nope. They are just stopping the sale of ICE cars. They aren’t forcing anyone to do anything. You don’t have to drive a car at all.

I bet the poor black folk in Cali will appreciate you handing them that $13,000 electric bill from charging multiple vehicles every day. God knows thats just what they were hoping for. Or maybe you could front them the $50,000 to get a solar roof put on with a Tesla battery bank? Your foresight is unmatchable

Poop Head

Judge me.
I bet the poor black folk in Cali will appreciate you handing them that $13,000 electric bill from charging multiple vehicles every day. God knows thats just what they were hoping for. Or maybe you could front them the $50,000 to get a solar roof put on with a Tesla battery bank? Your foresight is unmatchable
We'll all pay for it under the Kamala's Kool Kars act

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

They'll just run generators, using the gas they buy for 20 cents a gallon, to charge their cars. Problem solved.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
FB_IMG_1601248878637.jpg

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Enjoy the first brown out in Cali where smart boy did issued his edict.
The clowns have a hard time supplying the need for electricity now.
Wait till the jackasses have to plug their cars in.

I only called them jackasses because they voted and vote for this type of lunacy.

Jackasses, can't see the burning forest for the burning trees.

Not a smart bunch out there.

@tonyexpress , set me straight if I'm incorrect.
You have a Tesla, what is the future of electricity in California?
Yes, we have the Model 3 and love it. Plenty fast. We get updates via Wifi every week or two, its like having a new car all the time.

I'm not really sure what Gavin Mussolini is thinking about getting rid of gasoline engines when we already have rolling black-outs every time it gets hotter than 80 degrees. Also, shutting down nuclear power plants doesn't help.

Another thing... many people out here are getting solar for their homes (on their rooftops) several of our neighbors have solar. We are getting close to getting it as the technology is getting better all the time.