OMG! BABA Has A New Birther Ally!

tieguy

Banned
I sure hope your not talking about the tax break extensions, because your kids will be paying for all that.
You'll see a vat tax, ss retirement not kicking in until atleast age 70, plus higher payroll taxes somewhere in the near future.

Cuts and higher taxes are just around the corner - just take a look at some EU countries - how they are dealing with thier debt.
It's comming soon !

In ther meantime, sure, let the rich get richer on the cost of all the children !

my kids will be paying for a government that does not know how to control its spending not for allowing me to keep more of the money i earn. speaking of which you should try earning money honestly for a change.

ibshines

Does anyone really think that The Republicans have not seen this document? Of course they have, If the VP office outed a CIA agent ,do you think they wouldn't have disclosed it, and they would have waited until just before the election.

tieguy

Banned
Does anyone really think that The Republicans have not seen this document? Of course they have, If the VP office outed a CIA agent ,do you think they wouldn't have disclosed it, and they would have waited until just before the election.

not sure how they would see it if Obama chose to keep it hidden. they cant see mine unless I chose to show it to them.

the issue here is obama keeps showing a copy that has numerous discrepencies. He can squash the issue by showing the original and fully explaining any discrepencies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
not sure how they would see it if Obama chose to keep it hidden. they cant see mine unless I chose to show it to them.

the issue here is obama keeps showing a copy that has numerous discrepencies. He can squash the issue by showing the original and fully explaining any discrepencies.
But he has hired 4 different law firms to squash anyone's attempt to see it and at a cost of close to $2M.
It has been stated that it should not cost him more than $20 to actually release it.
So why spend so much ?????
Is he another fine example of what happens to someone who is educated in many fine private schools, graduates form Harvard University yet can only get a job as a street organizer ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Krampus save us....

I was wondering if anyone would catch that...

I think by the time November 2012 comes around our economic rebound will be in full swing and without a viable Republican candidate Obama will be re-elected to a second term. I then think he will sign legislation for a national sales tax (VAT) and will work to extend the age which you can receive full SS benefits and will raise payroll taxes. This will not affect current SS recipients but will greatly reduce the monthly payments of those who wish to start receiving their benefits early.

Something drastic needs to be done to deal with this massive deficit--passing it on to our grandchildren is simply not an option.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Something drastic needs to be done to deal with this massive deficit--passing it on to our grandchildren is simply not an option.

One of the easiest ways to reduce the National debt is to let ( and facilitate) a rise in inflation. That was the effect of the Carter/Volcker economic policies in the late 1970's.
The Fed's 0% interest rates and pumping currency into the economy is priming the system for a rise in inflation.
If your retirement is not COLA adjusted, this will have a debilitating effect on one's disposable income.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One of the easiest ways to reduce the National debt is to let ( and facilitate) a rise in inflation. That was the effect of the Carter/Volcker economic policies in the late 1970's.
The Fed's 0% interest rates and pumping currency into the economy is priming the system for a rise in inflation.
If your retirement is not COLA adjusted, this will have a debilitating effect on one's disposable income.
an even better way to reduce debt is to STOP the spending, eliminate several gov't agencies, and hire more federal auditors to straighten out the current wasteful practices .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
an even better way to reduce debt is to STOP the spending, eliminate several gov't agencies, and hire more federal auditors to straighten out the current wasteful practices .
I agree 100% but cutting spending is hard for politicians. "Letting" inflation creep in is easy.

klein

Für Meno :)
my kids will be paying for a government that does not know how to control its spending not for allowing me to keep more of the money i earn.

Brief history of income taxes :
First implemented in the US to pay for the civil war, then again during WWI.

UK: Implemented to pay for the napoleon war

Canada : Implemented 1917 to pay for WWI.

Your former "miracle" president started 2 wars that now last longer then both WW's combined, and he somehow, not only, "managed" to reduce income taxes, but also gave billions more towards medicare !

And since you agreed with his decisions and politics, yes, you and your chilldren/grandchildren should be paying for it.
If it was done like in the past, you'ld be paying as you go (instantly raise taxes to pay for these wars) !

klein

Für Meno :)
I agree 100% but cutting spending is hard for politicians. "Letting" inflation creep in is easy.

You'll get your forecast !
The US dollar is now weaker then the Aussie and Canadian Dollar, weaker then the Swiss Frank (was in the 70's 3 times the value of the Frank)!!, and would be weaker then the German Deutsch Mark, if it still existed !

Basically, all your imports will cost much more in the future, not only oil & gas, minerals, but also basic food items - since they are also traded on a world market in US currency (i.E beef, pork, coffee, cocoa, fruit and veggies, etc).
And other countries will need to charge more US dollars to get the equalent in their own currency.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You'll get your forecast !
The US dollar is now weaker then the Aussie and Canadian Dollar, weaker then the Swiss Frank (was in the 70's 3 times the value of the Frank)!!, and would be weaker then the German Deutsch Mark, if it still existed !

Basically, all your imports will cost much more in the future, not only oil & gas, minerals, but also basic food items - since they are also traded on a world market in US currency (i.E beef, pork, coffee, cocoa, fruit and veggies, etc).
And other countries will need to charge more US dollars to get the equivalent in their own currency.

Which means goods that are produced in the US will be cheaper than goods produced in those countries where the USD has lost value.
People will vacation here in the US, people will be hired to produce goods in the US and US will reduce the amount of goods imported into the US.

That part is good!

wkmac

Which means goods that are produced in the US will be cheaper than goods produced in those countries where the USD has lost value.
People will vacation here in the US, people will be hired to produce goods in the US and US will reduce the amount of goods imported into the US.

That part is good!

What about the other parts?
:wink2: