On call 24/7

Uturn

How does this actually work? Do you really sit by the phone all day waiting on dispatch to call or do they normally call you in a certain time frame? I was just informed by a driver that at this particular hub, I'll probably be a coverage driver for the next 15 - 20 years. Lol WTH!!!!! I'm definitely having second thoughts after hearing that.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How does this actually work? Do you really sit by the phone all day waiting on dispatch to call or do they normally call you in a certain time frame? I was just informed by a driver that at this particular hub, I'll probably be a coverage driver for the next 15 - 20 years. Lol WTH!!!!! I'm definitely having second thoughts after hearing that.
Yep pretty much
418B3F81-53EE-4601-A5D5-53D8FC5FE1BE.png

542thruNthru

Are you feeder or package?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
If you are seasonal = on call , sorry . Keep cell phone handy
If you 22.4 = demand your 8 hours

side note* = you will never be an RPCD
tm @MECH-lift

Uturn

It's a full-time feeder position, but on call 24/7. I don't see how they hire or retain drivers with that deal. I can see being on call on your probation period or knowing you will have some type of schedule in a few months. Years of being on call 24/7 would get old fast!!!!

Shift Inhibit

It's a full-time feeder position, but on call 24/7. I don't see how they hire or retain drivers with that deal. I can see being on call on your probation period or knowing you will have some type of schedule in a few months. Years of being on call 24/7 would get old fast!!!!
How long have you been with the firm?

Shift Inhibit

You sure u not seasonal?!