On making scratch and qualifying

So I’ve been driving for about 3 weeks now halfway through my 30 days roughly. Tuesday to Saturday schedule so apparently Saturdays don’t count towards your 30. Do you have to scratch to qualify or is it a numbers game that Ups can manipulate? With a half hour lunch scratch would be finishing before 530 for me and I have letterboxes that can’t be picked up before then. So it feels almost impossible. I’m getting better at the job though and I think management likes me. Anyway any input appreciated thanks

Nah
Tuesday to Saturday schedule so apparently Saturdays don’t count towards your 30.
Who told you that?

Do you have to scratch to qualify or is it a numbers game that Ups can manipulate?
I was told you just have to be able to show you can do it. My center management team told me what they're looking for is gradual/continual improvement.

With a half hour lunch scratch would be finishing before 530 for me and I have letterboxes that can’t be picked up before then.
With a situation like that I doubt they'd hold it against you. But this is UPS.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
So I’ve been driving for about 3 weeks now halfway through my 30 days roughly. Tuesday to Saturday schedule so apparently Saturdays don’t count towards your 30. Do you have to scratch to qualify or is it a numbers game that Ups can manipulate? With a half hour lunch scratch would be finishing before 530 for me and I have letterboxes that can’t be picked up before then. So it feels almost impossible. I’m getting better at the job though and I think management likes me. Anyway any input appreciated thanks
2 best things you can do:
1) try to improve a little each day
2) don’t complain about anything to management .
it’s all a game , they can pass/fail anyone in 30 days.

qdg2

Well,

You have to take your whole lunch....so no factor.

Your day should vary as it varies.....

Some days 5:30 some days 10:30.

In my day, we had to have 5 days better than scratch....you had 22 days. Then a decision was made to go forward or DQ.

I found that some things hurt your day....some help.

UPS doesn't care what happens out there......but they expect you to overcome all obstacles and meet their numbers whatever their manipulation.

If they want you to make it...you will.

Last week sup snuck up on me in his personal car to observe. Said I was doing well and I’m only off by about 45 minutes. Same thing they used to tell me in the building always a half hour faster lol

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Scratch five days in a row is what we are hearing in our center.
They are obviously looking at other things as well, missed premiums, back first exceptions, so on.

Also, I do believe Saturdays count towards your packet. Any day you log into a truck.
Good luck. Work hard, don't crash get all stops off.

I’ve had a couple really late days that I’ve gotten in after 8 because the load sucked and a lot of irregs and on call pickups etc but mostly finishing between like 6-630 so far

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

If you are a T-s schedule, you would have to be a 22.4, and check with your BA or steward, if you're scheduled saturday, those days should count towards your 30.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

We need to do away with this running scratch bs and just get properly staffed before we worry about silly stuff..

SMH

16 WEEKS TILL PEAK
🧔‍♂️✊

Scratch five days in a row is what we are hearing in our center.
They are obviously looking at other things as well, missed premiums, back first exceptions, so on.

Also, I do believe Saturdays count towards your packet. Any day you log into a truck.
Good luck. Work hard, don't crash get all stops off.
See I’ve heard the 5 days in a row thing from some people but no one in management at my center has actually said that yet

Saturdays count. It's a work day.

charm299

At my center they have different routes in on Saturdays so drivers trying to qualify don’t run a ground route because they have to keep them on same route for 30 days

nWo

If management thinks you will be a liability they will find a reason to DQ you. If they like you they can manipulate those numbers to make you look better.