On Road Sup

Greetings,

I am new to the site, hello everyone. It's hard to come across information on salary for UPS but it's worth a shot to ask here. Does UPS pay more if you have an MBA? I am in line for a promotion after peak and wanted to know my options. I am currently a FT driver with close to a year experience of driving. *** I know how forums can turn quickly so I have to state, I don't think I am entitled to anything, I am simply asking a question. I am a veteran, worked in management at other companies (Amazon, Walmart, Target), and started from the bottom at various other jobs. I completed the local driving class and made it through intergrad as well ****

Last edited:

RolloTony Brown Town

They will not initially give you more money but with a masters degree and already being a driver you have the leverage to tell them you want more when they make the offer. There’s no shame in making the job worth it to you. Trust me. They’ll make you earn that paycheck one way or another.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Greetings,

I am new to the site, hello everyone. It's hard to come across information on salary for UPS but it's worth a shot to ask here. Does UPS pay more if you have an MBA? I am in line for a promotion after peak and wanted to know my options. I am currently a FT driver with close to a year experience of driving. *** I know how forums can turn quickly so I have to state, I don't think I am entitled to anything, I am simply asking a question. I am a veteran, worked in management at other companies (Amazon, Walmart, Target), and started from the bottom at various other jobs. I completed the local driving class and made it through intergrad as well ****
you would get more money if you were female

They will not initially give you more money but with a masters degree and already being a driver you have the leverage to tell them you want more when they make the offer. There’s no shame in making the job worth it to you. Trust me. They’ll make you earn that paycheck one way or another.
h

That’s what I think will happen, UPS is old school like the Army so I think it will be a rough negotiation. The feedback that I’ve recieved from various UPS upper level management is basically “just work your way up”. In this day and age it’s kind of hard listen to that mantra but we will see how it goes. Considering the fact the neither the Buisness Manager nor the Division Manager have a MBA, I think I should be ok when I ask for a higher salary than the initial offer

h

That’s what I think will happen, UPS is old school like the Army so I think it will be a rough negotiation. The feedback that I’ve recieved from various UPS upper level management is basically “just work your way up”. In this day and age it’s kind of hard listen to that mantra but we will see how it goes. Considering the fact the neither the Buisness Manager nor the Division Manager have a MBA, I think I should be ok when I ask for a higher salary than the initial offer
Who do you consider to be "upper level management"?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Greetings,

Depends on what your MBA is in.
You can get a little more ($200 a month) but it ain't like you can get $1000 more per month.

RolloTony Brown Town

Depends on what your MBA is in.
You can get a little more ($200 a month) but it ain't like you can get $1000 more per month.

I think if they low ball him as a first year driver. They will probably offer a base of 72-75k. Focus on the base, not the trickery of the “total compensation.”

Make sure you ask for 80k. You deserve it and you can make more for less stress and less hours as a top rate driver. You have options as you can leave with a masters degree also. Just don’t settle.

I think if they low ball him as a first year driver. They will probably offer a base of 72-75k. Focus on the base, not the trickery of the “total compensation.”

Make sure you ask for 80k. You deserve it and you can make more for less stress and less hours as a top rate driver. You have options as you can leave with a masters degree also. Just don’t settle.

Yeah I fear they will start around that price range of 72-75k. I've been talking to an on road who stated he was initially offered 79K (granted he had 4 years with the company, with a bachelors in general studies), he stated he was making around 85K now. The base salary is something that will be the determining factor on my future with the company.

dudebro

h

The MBA is a great accomplishment and a differentiator, but don't get too hung up on the MBA. The MBA got you in the door and will probably help make you a quicker candidate for manager.

However, once you're working, you better produce commensurate with all that MBA talk, and while you're at that, produce for someone who can also serve as your Godfather or Godmother to pull you up.

The MBA will only serve as a discrimination-suit resistant gating factor if they decide to fastrack you. In my opinion, don't base your decision solely on a few thousand dollars to start. Include in the decision how likely you are to advance. Maybe some of those "upper level management" people are friends?

What'dyabringmetoday???

The MBA is a great accomplishment and a differentiator, but don't get too hung up on the MBA. The MBA got you in the door and will probably help make you a quicker candidate for manager.

However, once you're working, you better produce commensurate with all that MBA talk, and while you're at that, produce for someone who can also serve as your Godfather or Godmother to pull you up.

The MBA will only serve as a discrimination-suit resistant gating factor if they decide to fastrack you. In my opinion, don't base your decision solely on a few thousand dollars to start. Include in the decision how likely you are to advance. Maybe some of those "upper level management" people are friends?
Lol.