On-Time Departures in Feeder. Don't Watch The Clock

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
The mechanic can work on any part of the trailer NOT PARKED AGAINST THE DOCK while it is still being loaded. Any work that has to be done ONCE THE TRAILER HAS BEEN PULLED must be done at the shop.
None of our feeder trailers sit in the dock with the lights on unless the door is closed and the driver is pretripping. Btw: pretripping occurs one time not twice. You may note that doing it twice is a waste of time.

The drivers here arent allowed to hook up the trailer while it's being loaded due to people getting knocked off load stands therefore the lights are not on.

If you need CAPITALIZED print on here let me know.

quad decade guy

There is way more to this story. We had a trailer catch on fire on a dock door...due to the lights

being on(while being pre-tripped). It caught all the crap(paper, wood etc) piled up on fire. So, by

District policy-no more lights on at the dock. Nobody follows this policy but it's there, until the next

fire. Like so many here, I never really know much more about my schedule than start time. I

do my pre-trip as quickly and thoroughly as practical. Thoroughly. Safely. As we all know, skip

an item(error or deliberately) and it can and will bite you. And be held against you. DOT or UPS.

I see people running to make leave times. Really? Why? I see people encouraging drivers to skip

steps, do illegal things, do unsafe things(even though they've never done the job) to get off property!

Conversations go like this: "What is your leave time?" "I don't know" "Ok, it's 10pm" "Ok".

"Why haven't you left?" "They won't let me leave" To Sup:"He has to leave now" Sup:"We

aren't finished" Repeat.

Most drivers I know, work as efficiently as possible, holdovers from pkg. But, there are many, many

components to being a feeder driver as in pkg. Intangibles. Errors, incompetence, mistakes

whatever. Equipment, a huge variable.