On Topic - New FedEX employee looking for career options.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No. Just quit Express and apply for the others.

Of course, luck and your resumé have a direct bearing on your success.

Don't quit. There is an option on the FedEx homepage (or there was) about career opportunities at other FedEx operating companies. If you quit, you lose all of your seniority and any benefits that come with it. If you move between companies, you retain it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Don't quit. There is an option on the FedEx homepage (or there was) about career opportunities at other FedEx operating companies. If you quit, you lose all of your seniority and any benefits that come with it. If you move between companies, you retain it.
When did that change?

vantexan

Knew a guy who went from Express to Freight. He had to resign from Express. Didn't resign until week before starting with Freight, but didn't transfer between divisions.

59 Dano

When did that change?

Don't know.

Knew a guy who went from Express to Freight. He had to resign from Express. Didn't resign until week before starting with Freight, but didn't transfer between divisions.

You may be considered "new" at the new opco, but you aren't "new" to the company. You are resigning from your position, not from FEC. If you go to a new opco 5 years after your date of hire, you get what a 5 year employee would get at that opco as far as vacation and other things like that. I don't know if you get, for example, to bid vacation in front of a 4 year employee who has always been with that opco, but you get the PTO that you'd get as a 5 year employee.

59 Dano

This applies to Express, Services, Corporate, and FTN or whatever. I think they used to call them Prism shared opco's or something. Ground and Freight as far as I know you start at 0.

Again, you retain your continuous service and whatever benefits come with it.