(On topic please) UPS made about 12.9 Billion Net Profits last year. I think they can give us the required water even when it’s hard and costs money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah
How are these comments advancing the topic?

You don’t have to visit this thread, you know what the topic is.

Is it fair that you just visit this thread to through throw shade at me or the topic?

This type of unfair posting can be very distracting.

If you would be so kind, please give me a break.

I have never done anything to any of you except be different and have different points of view and reasons for enjoying the BC.
Fair enough. Sorry. Have a good day.

upschuck

Who gets it is not relevant. It is clear, the employer is responsible for the provision of water at the work site. At least to me it is.
So the driver gets it at the fountain, and puts it in the truck, suffices the provision, is that what you are saying?

UPS does not provide socks, shoes, or water jugs. I would much more rather them provide the shoes, than a water jug,

Thebrownblob

No idea what he saying and I don’t care because he’s so erroneous with his thread, and making assumptions about every location.

But I will say my location water, Gatorade, liquid IV, fruits and many other things are made available in the morning.

In the afternoon we receive a message when it’s over 95° to pull over and take a mandatory break and cool down

Also when it’s over 95° each manager takes enough Gatorade and water and drives around their section and hands drivers water and Gatorade and ask how they’re doing and if they need anything.

Anytime there’s an issue with a heat related injury I am contacted and we discuss what happened and what could be different.

Never once since I’ve been here has management ever told an employee to keep going when they’re feeling heat exhaustion they are pulled off the car almost every time unless the employee says they think they can finish.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So part-time can't afford water but they can afford the smokes? Break time looks like a smoke fest out there!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
How are these comments advancing the topic?

You don’t have to visit this thread, you know what the topic is.

Is it fair that you just visit this thread to throw shade at me or the topic?

This type of unfair posting can be very distracting it is also unfair to those volunteering to moderate discussions on the BC.

If you would be so kind, please give me a break.

I have never done anything to any of you except be different and have different points of view and reasons for enjoying the BC.
Answer the question. Are you now, or have you ever been a driver? Stop deflecting.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So the driver gets it at the fountain, and puts it in the truck, suffices the provision, is that what you are saying?

Here is my take on your example for the fountain to suffice in this way based upon my understanding and interpretation of OSHA requirements. Assuming the building water is safe, doesn't taste or smell bad and the water fountain is functioning as designed.

1. The fountain needs to be so situated that it can safely fill the required container without the potential for contamination from the water fountain spigot.

2. UPS needs to pay for and provide the driver with a covered container with single-use drinking cups stored in a sanitary receptacle for this purpose.

3. Portable sanitary containers used to dispense drinking water shall be capable of being tightly closed, and equipped with a tap. Water shall not be dipped from containers.

Any container used to distribute drinking water shall be clearly marked as to the nature of its contents and not used for any other purpose.

Common drinking cups is prohibited.

Where single service cups (to be used but once) are supplied, both a sanitary container for the unused cups and a receptacle for disposing of the used cups shall be provided.

4. The sanitary portable container for the driver must be sufficient to hold suitable drinking water in amounts that are adequate to meet the health and personal needs of each employee for the duration of the drivers work day.

5. Based upon Health and Safety professional recommendations it is reasonable for the container to be a 3 gallon container filled with water and enough ice to ensure that there is an adequate supply of suitably cool water for the duration of the driver's shift.

If this requirements are met then I think it is a good start to enable the fountains to be the means of fulfilling the OSHA requirement for to provide water for the drivers.

UPS does not provide socks, shoes, or water jugs. I would much more rather them provide the shoes, than a water jug,
Socks, shoes not OSHA regulated. Water jugs are.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So part-time can't afford water but they can afford the smokes? Break time looks like a smoke fest out there!
The OSHA requirement has nothing to do with what the employee can afford or spends their money on. It is simply a requirement.

Thebrownblob

Answer the question. Are you now, or have you ever been a driver? Stop deflecting.
His topics are Similar to a worm in an apple few wants to eat it, or one cockroach in a soufflé ruins the whole thing. He begs himself as the arbiter of some sort of truth and makes up fake scenarios, and assumptions to create a fake narrative.

If he’s that worried about it have him make an OSHA claim. And quit grandstanding

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hope this finds you all well today.

Be informed

I was hoping to become more detailed in discussing Heat Related Safety, UPS and OSHA.

I do suspect that some of the first comments might be something like "do we really need another thread on water".

In order to satisfy those that might have this type of problem and to funnel those interested to the new thread I was hoping to lock this my other recent threads that are related to this topic, I do think this would be the best call for me to advance the topic from a slightly different angle.

Before I start my new thread I am going to send a request to the moderators and request that this
thread be locked from any more input.

I am very interested in getting more detailed in what I believe to be a very hot topic for UPSers safety now and more so in the future. "Pun intended"

The locking of this thread is 100% at my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.