When working in hot weather what do you think is adequate supply of water to have with you for your entire shift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Wrong.

Wrong again.

You should give up. Everybody knows you have no idea what you’re talking about and that you’re full of :censored2:.
I disagree with your opinion and interpretation of UPS’s responsibility under OSHA.

You have a right to your opinion.

Your argument for your position and opinion is not sufficient for me to change my position about UPS responsibility about this.

I do not support the “blame the worker” safety and accident response culture that exists at UPS. I am sorry that you seem to.

Trucker Clock

I do not support the “blame the worker” safety and accident response culture that exists at UPS. I am sorry that you seem to.

Your employer has the responsibility to keep a safe workplace and keep your workplace free of known health and safety hazards.

It is your responsibility to practice safe work methods and to keep yourself safe and alive.

I suppose you not only want UPS to force their employees to drink water, but to also force their employees to paractice safe work methods.

Sorry, UPS is not required to hold your hand.

You have some responsibility also. I know, blame UPS for everything, right?

qdg2

C’mon man. I’ve been in places and situations you can only read about.

Whining about not having company paid bottled water is for the weenies. Grow up and act like a man for Gods sake!
For God's sake! Indeed!

HOW LONG DID YOU DRIVE PKG? AND WHAT CONDITIONS?

Tell us what you know(from experience) about what you belittle others for.....

Your intellectual honesty...no, too lofty......gosh....credibility......begs you.

qdg2

Your employer has the responsibility to keep a safe workplace and keep your workplace free of known health and safety hazards.

It is your responsibility to practice safe work methods and to keep yourself safe and alive.

I suppose you not only want UPS to force their employees to drink water, but to also force their employees to paractice safe work methods.

Sorry, UPS is not required to hold your hand.

You have some responsibility also. I know, blame UPS for everything, right?

Hi, what's your point here?

Why try so hard to keep water from people?

So peculiar from a "savior of worlds".....

People elect you? To represent them?

Folks......let that sink in....

Trucker Clock

I cannot force UPS to do something that is not contractual nor the law. If you actually read my posts and had the information register in your head, instead of looking for ways to spin it to your agenda, you will see that I said if UPS wants to supply bottled water, or Gatorade, to drivers, good for them. But, they do supply you with free water.

Why can't you take care of yourself, without UPS doing it for you?

Why can't you make sure you have enough water with you so you don't die.

Why do you want UPS to force you to drink?

Why can't you drink water without UPS forcing you to drink?

Why do you want to force UPS to keep you alive?

Children and the immature expect someone else to take care of them. Why do you expect UPS to take care of your personal responsibilities? Do you fit one of these categories? Or do you think you have some personal responsibility to stay alive without your employer forcing you to?

Which category do you fit in?

And I never said that I am trying to keep water from people. UPS supplies you with free water. Take as much with you as you want, free of charge, but don't expect UPS to make you drink that water, unless you are a child.

UPS DOES supply you with free water. You refuse to accept this and want to spin it to your own agenda. You and @Integrity are two peas in a pod. Saying that UPS does not supply you with water is a lie. They do. Take 10 gallons with you. Take 20 gallons with you. Free of charge. In fact, UPS encourages you to take as much water with you as you need, and then some.

Trucker Clock

I think I finally figured out what you want.

My sister teaches kindergarten. When she takes her kids on a field trip, let's say, the park, especially on a warm day, she makes sure the children drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Why? because children are immature and don't have any personal responsibility yet. Children drink when they're thirsty. If you drink because you are thirsty, it is already too late. You are dehydrated.

You want UPS to come out to you, to every package driver, every 20 minutes, with a cool 16 oz bottled water and make them drink it, make them stay hydrated, keep them alive because it is the Company's responsibility to keep its employees alive. You want the Company to treat its employees like children. You want the Company to treat you like a child.

No? it's about providing water you say?

Well, they do. You're just mad because they don't supply you with bottled water. Boo hoo.

If you think they have to, why haven't you filed a grievance? Oh wait, because you now there is no contractual violation. If you think it's the law, why haven't you filed an OSHA complaint, or hired a lawyer. Oh wait, that's right, a lawyer would laugh in your face.

You're damn right.

If the water fountains do not work, or is not potable, I will make sure UPS has enough bottled water, or coolers, for everyone, including package car drivers.

You want UPS to supply you with bottled water, supply you with how much they think you need, tell you when to drink it, tell you how much to drink and force you to drink.

That reminds me of my sister's kindergarten class, children, not grownass adults who know better.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
For God's sake! Indeed!

HOW LONG DID YOU DRIVE PKG? AND WHAT CONDITIONS?

Tell us what you know(from experience) about what you belittle others for.....

Your intellectual honesty...no, too lofty......gosh....credibility......begs you.
Is there something wrong with you?
You seem…..”less than stable”…

trotsky

In my building when the co. Gets a pallet of bottled water half the lazy ass drivers grabs a case so they dont have to spend 10 seconds preparing for work and filling a water bottle.

qdg2

You seem......."to be a fraud". Is there something wrong with you?

Say, what's your favorite pkg delivery story......you, not some other employee......maybe one from Kabul....or some other place I can only read about....

qdg2

Listen…..The subject is whether you should provide your own water or whine about something else you think you’re owed by UPS
TTKU junior.
Listen......

To someone who hasn't even done the job............to tell me I don't require water?

Folks, we have a teachable moment here.

Now, how long did you drive pkg?

Z E R O C R E D I B I L I T Y

qdg2

Listen…..The subject is whether you should provide your own water or whine about something else you think you’re owed by UPS
TTKU junior.
You seem......."to be a fraud". Is there something wrong with you?

Say, what's your favorite pkg delivery story......you, not some other employee......maybe one from Kabul....or some other place I can only read about....
How long did you deliver pkg?

Is there something wrong with you? Simple question.
Listen......

To someone who hasn't even done the job............to tell me I don't require water?

Folks, we have a teachable moment here.

Now, how long did you drive pkg?

Z E R O C R E D I B I L I T Y
Tell all of us why we don't need water?

qdg2

I think I finally figured out what you want.

My sister teaches kindergarten. When she takes her kids on a field trip, let's say, the park, especially on a warm day, she makes sure the children drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Why? because children are immature and don't have any personal responsibility yet. Children drink when they're thirsty. If you drink because you are thirsty, it is already too late. You are dehydrated.

You want UPS to come out to you, to every package driver, every 20 minutes, with a cool 16 oz bottled water and make them drink it, make them stay hydrated, keep them alive because it is the Company's responsibility to keep its employees alive. You want the Company to treat its employees like children. You want the Company to treat you like a child.

No? it's about providing water you say?

Well, they do. You're just mad because they don't supply you with bottled water. Boo hoo.

If you think they have to, why haven't you filed a grievance? Oh wait, because you now there is no contractual violation. If you think it's the law, why haven't you filed an OSHA complaint, or hired a lawyer. Oh wait, that's right, a lawyer would laugh in your face.

You're damn right.

If the water fountains do not work, or is not potable, I will make sure UPS has enough bottled water, or coolers, for everyone, including package car drivers.

You want UPS to supply you with bottled water, supply you with how much they think you need, tell you when to drink it, tell you how much to drink and force you to drink.

That reminds me of my sister's kindergarten class, children, not grownass adults who know better.
Folks,

Could you imagine this guy standing in front of a PCM saying this stuff?

How about a Union meeting?

"You don't deserve water!"

"Grow up!" "Why my sister teaches Sunday School! And we don't even give 'em Kool-Aid!

"Grow Up!

God sent his son to be the savior of the world.........indeed.

qdg2

like this^^^^
Spin king, the subject is whether grown ups bring their own water because delivering boxes is so :censored2:ing hard ( for lightweights),

OR

If the Company should provide you with water.

Try to stay on topic Lucy.
Now, how long did you drive pkg to tell us how much water we need? Your qualifications please.

Status
Not open for further replies.