On Topic - transportation discount to be removed?

Slimdiggs

I work in the meadowlands hub in Secaucus NJ and I hear that since the pt supervisors got raises last year and are now receiving gain share bonuses, their discount on bus passes have been quietly removed.

I'm told the cost of the discounted bus pass is deducted the 3rd week of every month and this week no supervisor received a deduction. I think this is crazy because that discount helped ease the cost of transportation as some supervisors are traveling to this hub from New York city via New Jersey transit (bus) and to snatch it from supervisors without notice is wildly absurd.

Anyone know if there is any truth or the reasoning behind this move and will it happen to the rest of us because we all just got a raise?

542thruNthru

I work in the meadowlands hub in Secaucus NJ and I hear that since the pt supervisors got raises last year and are now receiving gain share bonuses, their discount on bus passes have been quietly removed.

I'm told the cost of the discounted bus pass is deducted the 3rd week of every month and this week no supervisor received a deduction. I think this is crazy because that discount helped ease the cost of transportation as some supervisors are traveling to this hub from New York city via New Jersey transit (bus) and to snatch it from supervisors without notice is wildly absurd.

Anyone know if there is any truth or the reasoning behind this move and will it happen to the rest of us because we all just got a raise?

File a grievance.

Box Ox

You're surprised, eh?

People should understand that by going PT supervisor they're essentially lowering their metaphorical nuts into a metaphorical vice that could close on them at any time.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I’m thinking all employees should get a stipend for driving their own cars to work everyday. Let’s see... for 34 years I should have a big check coming.