On WC since April 2017

Full time driver of 23 yr.s.....Been on WC since April..waiting for surgery..just received a letter from Team Care, about losing coverage and having to pay for COBRA???
Thought I was covered a year?? any insight?

MAKAVELI

Full time driver of 23 yr.s.....Been on WC since April..waiting for surgery..just received a letter from Team Care, about losing coverage and having to pay for COBRA???
Thought I was covered a year?? any insight?
File for FMLA and your health benefits will be protected.

I am the wife.. hubby hurt neck, at work..he had been through physical therapy, had the epidural last week... now waiting to see surgeon....
we were under the impression he was covered for 52 weeks of Health Coverage!

MAKAVELI

I am the wife.. hubby hurt neck, at work..he had been through physical therapy, had the epidural last week... now waiting to see surgeon....
we were under the impression he was covered for 52 weeks of Health Coverage!
File for FMLA that will give you 12 weeks of protected leave and give you time to figure it out if his injury goes beyond that.

He has a plate put in his neck 5 yrs ago... and our benefits never changed. We didn't have to file FMLA....He went back to work in just under a yr...

Johney

You should have coverage for 52 weeks(here also) you need to call Teamcare and see why the cut-off, likely an issue with HR and how UPS is coding the time-off. If they don't put you down for compensation-on-job then they won't contribute to his bennies.

Johney

Workers comp will still pay. And FMLA status protects his Benefits for 12 weeks.
There's no need to go through that headache he should be covered under comp, unless there's more to the story and they are denying his claim. If you are taken out of work or put on light duty by a Dr. and use all your TAW and they decide to fight your claim it can become a real nightmare.
Ex: To get in front of a workers comp judge here the wait is around 12 months. So you see what I mean?

MAKAVELI

There's no need to go through that headache he should be covered under comp, unless there's more to the story and they are denying his claim. If you are taken out of work or put on light duty by a Dr. and use all your TAW and they decide to fight your claim it can become a real nightmare.
Ex: To get in front of a workers comp judge here the wait is around 12 months. So you see what I mean?
It's not a headache to file for FMLA, but what you just described certainly sounds like one.

Johney

It's not a headache to file for FMLA, but what you just described certainly sounds like one.
If you haven't filed for FMLA lately it sure as hell is a headache. UPS was taken over by AETNA at the beginning of the year and I've heard horror stories dealing with them. The W/C thing is a true nightmare I won't get into details, but trust me it can suck.

MAKAVELI

If you haven't filed for FMLA lately it sure as hell is a headache. UPS was taken over by AETNA at the beginning of the year and I've heard horror stories dealing with them. The W/C thing is a true nightmare I won't get into details, but trust me it can suck.
I guess it's different everywhere.