One for the record books?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I never get mad at my preloader, nor do I make any effort at preload communication since the sups arent going to listen anyway. I take the attitude that my preloader has been set up to fail by his management, and I am not going to assist that same management in harassing a fellow Teamster by documenting his "mistakes."

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I get out of bed in the morning, I assume that I am going to work 13 hours and bring stops back. I assume that I am going to have a horrible load. If that winds up being the case....I'm not disappointed. If it winds up not being that bad....I'm pleasantly surprised. I have very low expectations of my preload operation, and they seldom meet them.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
I never get mad at my preloader, nor do I make any effort at preload communication since the sups arent going to listen anyway. I take the attitude that my preloader has been set up to fail by his management, and I am not going to assist that same management in harassing a fellow Teamster by documenting his "mistakes."

I understand and I agree, I worked on the driver preload for 16 years, it's no piece of cake...........my frustration is he just doesn't care and won't try. I mean really........... 4 leaf springs just thrown in the middle of the floor? When there was plenty of room to set them back out of the way being they belonged in the 8000 section. Was I supposed to trip over them all day, move them myself when I was going to have to lift them at least twice anyway before I got them out?

C'mon it's just laziness, I know what it's like to load, I did it for 16 years, the last two years I loaded 3 heavy trucks a total of 1200 pieces a day.

It sounds like the sup wants you to get 1 hour and 15 minutes of extra overtime each week. I'm sure that "unload / reload" is not included in the 340 Methods. I can also guarantee you that there is no time allowance either.
The point he was trying to make in his ridiculous claim was that he could do a unload/reload in that amount of time so having a messed up load was no excuse for being over allowed. It was nothing more or less than a BS attempt at harassment. My reply to him was in effect that I wasn't feeling harassed and didn't buy his BS.
As far as there not being any allowances for that, it can just go on the long list of stuff we have to do everyday that there are no allowances for.

Dilligaf:
That's funny, I would have told him to show me right now. I would have made it worth my while to, "you can't get it done right in 15 min, I'll file a grievance." LOL
At the time he made the claim was in the evening, the car was empty. He was mouthing off because he was mad at having to stay late to wait on drivers. But I will remember what you said and be ready for him the next time.

I understand and I agree, I worked on the driver preload for 16 years, it's no piece of cake...........my frustration is he just doesn't care and won't try. I mean really........... 4 leaf springs just thrown in the middle of the floor? When there was plenty of room to set them back out of the way being they belonged in the 8000 section. Was I supposed to trip over them all day, move them myself when I was going to have to lift them at least twice anyway before I got them out?

C'mon it's just laziness, I know what it's like to load, I did it for 16 years, the last two years I loaded 3 heavy trucks a total of 1200 pieces a day.
Or lack of understanding on what section 8000 really means. I told a preloader one day that we started delivering on shelf 1000, then to 2000 and so on. He was amazed, truly he had no idea how the delivery process works. I took that opportunity to explain how important it was to the driver that the sequence number order be followed. The next day was Friday, he actually did a much better job. I took a quick look around and told how good it looked and thanked him for his efforts. Monday I was on a different route. BUT, you are right, much of the time it is laziness.
On a side note, that loader is still around as a PT sup, every time he sees me he says hello and calls me by name and I don't recall ever telling him my name.