One Issue

pretzel_man

How we stopped providing excellent service to our customers. We now supply mediocre service.

What do you think our on time frequency is? What % of packages are delivered on the correct day and time?

Did you know that UPS measures every pacakge for service and visibility? When a service failure is found, its charged to the appropriate operation.

P-Man

over9five

Staff member
Actually PMan, I refer to our service since PAS. I remember when the customer knew what time it was, not by their watch, but by seeing the UPS driver walk thru their door. Now many of our customers have no idea when we'll show up. (We don't either!). I realize this doesn't affect time in transit. As long as it shows up before they close, it's on time!

I also realize it's something we had to give up to stay profitable, but it's still sad.

pretzel_man

Actually PMan, I refer to our service since PAS. I remember when the customer knew what time it was, not by their watch, but by seeing the UPS driver walk thru their door. Now many of our customers have no idea when we'll show up. (We don't either!). I realize this doesn't affect time in transit. As long as it shows up before they close, it's on time!

I also realize it's something we had to give up to stay profitable, but it's still sad.

So, your concern is not meeting the commit day/time, but servicing commercial customers in the morning?

P-Man

feeder53

ADKtrails
I would hope that there is a small chance that some of the ideas on this site get through to the top and use the info for the good of UPS....Not me or anyone else because we are all UPS.

I would hope that there is a small chance that some of the ideas on this site get through to the top and use the info for the good of UPS....Not me or anyone else because we are all UPS.

As hopeful as you are, I doubt any of this gets anywhere near any c-level execs. It's probably on the list of sites that are monitored regularly by some weenies in the legal department though.

If I had anything to say to the big guys, I would only say it for the sake of personal satisfaction because lord knows they wouldn't act on it.

tourists24

So, your concern is not meeting the commit day/time, but servicing commercial customers in the morning?

P-Man
I have a feeling what Over9.5 is trying to say is that customers, once upon a time, knew exactly when the UPS man was going to walk through the door with their delivery. Didnt have to be in the morning, just consistent day to day. That was/is a big deal to customers. Anymore there is no telling what time we will show up. Could be 10am, could be 3pm, could be 5 minutes before closing time.