"One punch a week to maintain insurance"?

ManInBrown

I work on the preload shift, and on Wednesday of last week, I left work a few mins early to get a root canal done. Long story short, I didn't get the root canals that day, but I did get temporary crowns, which got infected and hurt like hell. I missed work on Thursday and Friday of last week. I had a tooth pulled on Monday (this week), and I have a root canal today. Haven't been to work since this past Wednesday.

I've been told that I need one punch a week to maintain my insurance. Since I worked last Wednesday and not today, did I lose my insurance? Or since I punched in last week, would I be okay to punch in tomorrow or Friday?

Do I have to work or can I just punch in, check with my sup, and go home? I'm not eligible for FMLA at this time and am honestly in too much pain to be loading trucks.
No. You're fine. We have the same mandatory one punch per week to maintain insurance. It's not a rolling 7 days. It's Monday thru Friday. As long as you work one day per week. As someone else said use a sick day if you're worried, but it's not necessary. Also if you file for STD you can also maintain insurance if approved. And the one punch per week covers you for the following week. Anotherwards working one time last week maintains insurance for this week. If you don't work once this week, you will not have insurance next week.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
One punch here. Always keep a couple of days in reserve in case you get really sick. Pushing 2 weeks you can apply for short term disability or as stated earlier in the thread pay the cobra.

wayfair

swollen member
I work on the preload shift, and on Wednesday of last week, I left work a few mins early to get a root canal done. Long story short, I didn't get the root canals that day, but I did get temporary crowns, which got infected and hurt like hell. I missed work on Thursday and Friday of last week. I had a tooth pulled on Monday (this week), and I have a root canal today. Haven't been to work since this past Wednesday.

with that much work done, I'm sure you are over your allowed limit.

Here in the south, we get $1500 a year for dental. A root canal and, as you said, crowns, and a tooth pulled, would put you waaay over that amount

km3

with that much work done, I'm sure you are over your allowed limit.

Here in the south, we get $1500 a year for dental. A root canal and, as you said, crowns, and a tooth pulled, would put you waaay over that amount

Are you on teamcare, or something else? The teamcare plan I'm on has no annual maximum. $1500 is pretty standard for most dental insurance, though. Been that way since the 70s, as I understand it.

wayfair

swollen member
Are you on teamcare, or something else? The teamcare plan I'm on has no annual maximum. $1500 is pretty standard for most dental insurance, though. Been that way since the 70s, as I understand it.

I am on teamcare and dental is $1500 a person per family member, has been that way as long as I can remember

km3

I am on teamcare and dental is $1500 a person per family member, has been that way as long as I can remember

Very interesting. As I said, where I am there's no annual maximum. I thought teamcare was the same across the country. Shows what I know...

wayfair

swollen member
Very interesting. As I said, where I am there's no annual maximum. I thought teamcare was the same across the country. Shows what I know...

ooo, I wish it were different here... supposed to get some work done that is close to $4k... my part is $2.5k.... I'm gonna wait 'til december to get it
started and hopefully my DDS can work with me to get the bill spread

km3

ooo, I wish it were different here... supposed to get some work done that is close to $4k... my part is $2.5k.... I'm gonna wait 'til december to get it
started and hopefully my DDS can work with me to get the bill spread

I hope your vision and/or health is really, really, good. 'Cause you're getting shafted on dental coverage. And yet, somehow, we both have teamcare plans...

km3

I've been told by vision Dr's on the route, that our vision coverage sux ballz

Same here. I used mine for perscription sunglasses back in October. First time using the vision benis, and I still paid over $120 out of pocket. Vision is definitely the weakest link in my teamcare plan.