Only in America...

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Alarming Case of Justin Carter, Facebook "Terrorist"
By Dave Blount on February 14, 2014
One price of indulging in hysteria is losing our sense of humor. Another is losing what’s left of our liberty. Just ask Justin Carter of New Braunfels, Texas, who is facing up to 10 years in prison for indulging in sarcasm.

It was unfortunately only two months after a lunatic shot up the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown Connecticut — an event journalists and politicians alike exploited shamelessly, hyping it to the point of frenzy for political reasons — that 18-year-old Justin posted some comments on a Facebook thread that were over the top but clearly not on the level. As the Dallas Observer reports, we don’t have the entire thread, just three comments taken from a cell phone screenshot:

One of the comments appears to be a response to an earlier comment in which someone called Carter crazy. Carter's retort was: "I'm friend*cked in the head alright, I think I'ma SHOOT UP A KINDERGARTEN [sic]."

Carter followed with "AND WATCH THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT RAIN DOWN."

When a person writing under the profile name "Hannah Love" responded with "i hope you [burn] in hell you :censored2: prick," Carter put the cherry on top: "AND EAT THE BEATING HEART OF ONE OF THEM." (The Austin police officer who wrote up the subsequent report noted: "all caps to emphasize his anger or rage." )

A police officer more familiar with adolescent humor might have written: “all caps to emphasize that he was just goofing around.”

http://www.absoluterights.com/alarming-case-justin-carter/

moreluck

golden ticket member
UVBFLSI.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
11-Year-Old Boy Played in His Yard. CPS Took Him, Felony Charge for Parents.
An interview with two parents who lost their kids... over nothing.

One afternoon this past April, a Florida mom and dad I'll call Cindy and Fred could not get home in time to let their 11-year-old son into the house. The boy didn't have a key, so he played basketball in the yard. He was alone for 90 minutes. A neighbor called the cops, and when the parents arrived—having been delayed by traffic and rain—they were arrested for negligence.

They were put in handcuffs, strip searched, fingerprinted, and held overnight in jail.

It would be a month before their sons—the 11-year-old and his 4-year-old brother—were allowed home again. Only after the eldest spoke up and begged a judge to give him back to his parents did the situation improve.

Cindy and Fred cannot be sure who called the cops and turned their lives upside down. (They have their suspicions.) But they do know who told them they needed to take parenting classes, get therapy, and promise never to let their kids play in their own backyard without a watchman again. They know who took their children away.

( well who ever called the cops must have been watching the kid play in his own yard , so technically he was under a watchman's eyes )

http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/11/11-year-old-boy-played-in-his-yard-cps-t

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
11-Year-Old Boy Played in His Yard. CPS Took Him, Felony Charge for Parents.
An interview with two parents who lost their kids... over nothing.

One afternoon this past April, a Florida mom and dad I'll call Cindy and Fred could not get home in time to let their 11-year-old son into the house. The boy didn't have a key, so he played basketball in the yard. He was alone for 90 minutes. A neighbor called the cops, and when the parents arrived—having been delayed by traffic and rain—they were arrested for negligence.

They were put in handcuffs, strip searched, fingerprinted, and held overnight in jail.

It would be a month before their sons—the 11-year-old and his 4-year-old brother—were allowed home again. Only after the eldest spoke up and begged a judge to give him back to his parents did the situation improve.

Cindy and Fred cannot be sure who called the cops and turned their lives upside down. (They have their suspicions.) But they do know who told them they needed to take parenting classes, get therapy, and promise never to let their kids play in their own backyard without a watchman again. They know who took their children away.

( well who ever called the cops must have been watching the kid play in his own yard , so technically he was under a watchman's eyes )

http://reason.com/blog/2015/06/11/11-year-old-boy-played-in-his-yard-cps-t

Too bad this story is unidentifyable. This is an unreliable source Baba, but then again, how would you know?

TOS.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Spokane NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal falsely portrays herself as black, family says

SPOKANE, Wash. — Controversy is swirling around one of the Spokane region’s most prominent civil rights activists, with family members saying the local leader of the NAACP has falsely portrayed herself as black for years.

Rachel Dolezal is president of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP, chair of the city’s Office of Police Ombudsman Commission, and an adjunct professor at Eastern Washington University.

Dolezal’s mother, Ruthanne, says the family’s ancestry is Czech, Swedish and German, with a touch of Native American heritage.

Dolezal has identified herself in application materials as white, black and Native American.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I'm more concerned about the nanny state society we have now .
I witnessed such a story last Sat. , person called the local police because a paddle boarder was not wearing a shirt and thought that was wrong . Warm day temps in the 80's . The irony was that by the time the nanny stater called the person in question was already ashore and had gone home .

rod

Retired 22 years
A neighbor of my mother-in-laws saw me drive up one day and use my key to get in her garage to return her lawn mower that I had changed oil in. She called the cops because she thought I was breaking in. After the cops left I asked her how many thieves she seen that put something in the garage instead of take it out. There's such a thing as watching out for your neighbor but jeez Louise - give me a break.

Sportello

A neighbor of my mother-in-laws saw me drive up one day and use my key to get in her garage to return her lawn mower that I had changed oil in. She called the cops because she thought I was breaking in. After the cops left I asked her how many thieves she seen that put something in the garage instead of take it out. There's such a thing as watching out for your neighbor but jeez Louise - give me a break.
I got stopped by the cops one Christmas season for driving around in a rental van and leaving packages on porches. This was in the 1970's, so not terror related. The brown uniform did not fool them. They called my center and eventually let me proceed.