Open Carry

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm sure the small centers in the sticks of Alaska are just small buildings with very little volume and no metal detectors and no security save a few building cameras. They probably get one small trailer and each driver loads their trucks themselves or just a couple preloaders to load everything. I'm sure he wouldn't be the only driver out there packing. Management on route probably does too. When you're that remote everyone has firearms for protection. I'm sure I would.
Most of the building I have taken loads to have no security, fence or cameras…just in the last year or so have they started using those security “trailer” with the cameras on a pole, with the solar panels, but not sure how good those work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Possible, like I was saying, I would be surprised if UPS even operated in his area.
Guess it’s time to go take a few days off and go see your off the grid uncle….solve this mystery once and for all… bring us all back some moose or elk meat.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Guess it’s time to go take a few days off and go see your off the grid uncle….solve this mystery once and for all… bring us all back some moose or elk meat.
Crazy old coot.
IMG_4537.gif

Zowert

I'm sure the small centers in the sticks of Alaska are just small buildings with very little volume and no metal detectors and no security save a few building cameras. They probably get one small trailer and each driver loads their trucks themselves or just a couple preloaders to load everything. I'm sure he wouldn't be the only driver out there packing. Management on route probably does too. When you're that remote everyone has firearms for protection. I'm sure I would.
I was thinking that too. Maybe a supervisor or manager heads out on road once in a blue moon up there to check on things. I wouldn’t be surprised if they carried a firearm as well. It’s got to be like a “Don’t ask, don’t tell” or “I’ll just pretend I didn’t see that” policy when you’re working in the wilderness.

Zowert

He invited me out there this summer. I was gonna take a week off and go out there. There are limited flights to the nearest airport. I have to fly into Anchorage then take a small plane out to a regional airport and from there you fly in to a runway (not even an airport) about 15 miles from his village. That’s just in the summer. During the winter you have to get in by helicopter when the weather permits because the runway is buried in snow and ice. It’s that remote.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He invited me out there this summer. I was gonna take a week off and go out there. There are limited flights to the nearest airport. I have to fly into Anchorage then take a small plane out to a regional airport and from there you fly in to a runway (not even an airport) about 15 miles from his village. That’s just in the summer. During the winter you have to get in by helicopter when the weather permits because the runway is buried in snow and ice. It’s that remote.
Efff that

Emergency Conditions

Sounds like his "UPS guy" would be a private contractor then. We don't have anyone off the road system aside from the well populated islands of Kodiak, Sitka, Ketchikan and Juneau (technically not an island but might as well be).

Zowert

Sounds like his "UPS guy" would be a private contractor then. We don't have anyone off the road system aside from the well populated islands of Kodiak, Sitka, Ketchikan and Juneau (technically not an island but might as well be).
That’s exactly what I thought when he started telling me how he got to the airport in Anchorage from his house lol! There is no freakin way UPS would have RPCD’s out there. I’m assuming a contractor is free to carry any kind of weapon he wants.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There was an electrician doing some work in the feeder dressing room. He moved a ceiling panel to access some wiring and found a Glock hidden in the ceiling. It was covered in dust, and they had no idea how it got there. There are some mean streets in Htown, and I know of a feeder driver in my old building who conceal carried. I thought he was BS'ing me till he raised his shirt up and showed me.