Open Carry

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
There was an electrician doing some work in the feeder dressing room. He moved a ceiling panel to access some wiring and found a Glock hidden in the ceiling. It was covered in dust, and they had no idea how it got there. There are some mean streets in Htown, and I know of a feeder driver in my old building who conceal carried. I thought he was BS'ing me till he raised his shirt up and showed me.
I wouldn’t blame him. I wouldn’t want to suffer the same fate as Reginald Denny.

Emergency Conditions

That’s exactly what I thought when he started telling me how he got to the airport in Anchorage from his house lol! There is no freakin way UPS would have RPCD’s out there. I’m assuming a contractor is free to carry any kind of weapon he wants.
Yup. Stuff like that functions kinda like surepost, just a bulkstop at a small airport hanger and it's out of our hands from then on. A lot of the small carriers that fly to places like that also do wilderness tours, hunting trips and whatnot so they would definitely be packing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s exactly what I thought when he started telling me how he got to the airport in Anchorage from his house lol! There is no freakin way UPS would have RPCD’s out there. I’m assuming a contractor is free to carry any kind of weapon he wants.
The company is probably using PVD’s or 22.4’s….👍👍

Commercial Inside Release

On track...
In the northern states, where the larger game roams, the minimum handgun weaponry that legally qualifies for hunting has traditionally been .41Mag or larger. .44mag (popularized by Clint Eastwood,) was generally the choice into the early 80s. Eventually, the 10mm semi-auto was allowed for hunting purposes, because it has similar ballistics, and people prefer semi-auto to magnum revolvers.
G20-Glock.jpg

All the firepower of a magnum, but 10-15 semi-auto shots!

G20C-1st-gen.jpg

G20C (factory compensator) to assist with recoil.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
On track...
In the northern states, where the larger game roams, the minimum handgun weaponry that legally qualifies for hunting has traditionally been .41Mag or larger. .44mag (popularized by Clint Eastwood,) was generally the choice into the early 80s. Eventually, the 10mm semi-auto was allowed for hunting purposes, because it has similar ballistics, and people prefer semi-auto to magnum revolvers.
View attachment 431392
All the firepower of a magnum, but 10-15 semi-auto shots!

View attachment 431393
G20C (factory compensator) to assist with recoil.
Excellent 10mm pistol, flat shooting round, and very powerful. The Glock 20 10mm is arguably the best pistol in this caliber.

Zowert

09F187F9-36D4-4779-B554-974CCC026A2D.jpeg

Yeah the 10mm is one hell of a cartridge. I think you’d be safe with a .45 as well, I believe glock makes a pistol chambered in it too.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Is the .40 just a short ugly little brother of the 10mm??
That’s how it came about, the FBI wanted a round that would penetrate a windshield and still hit the target reliably and with minimal deflection. The 10mm was phenomenal but had a lot of snap, no Glock back then, so the .40 is basically a short 10mm.

oldngray

nowhere special
That’s how it came about, the FBI wanted a round that would penetrate a windshield and still hit the target reliably and with minimal deflection. The 10mm was phenomenal but had a lot of snap, no Glock back then, so the .40 is basically a short 10mm.
10mm was too hot for a lot of pistols to handle and overpowered for what the Feds wanted so they started loading it milder. They then realized they could duplicate the ballistics of the mild 10mm in a shorter case and the result was the 40.

The ancient 38-40 is also a twin of the 40 but in a necked down case.