Open Carry

Zowert

You’d think the Supreme Court would eliminate it.
They drag their feet when it comes to the 2A. There have been petitions challenging California’s assault weapons ban for years and years. Washington State recently passed their own ban on “assault weapons”. It’s by far the most draconian gun law passed to date. All magazine fed semiautomatic rifles are banned from being sold in the State of Washington. Several pro 2A organizations submitted an immediate appeal but they will be tied up forever just like California.

The Governor of Washington said, after he signed the AWB into law, “Nobody needs an AR15.” Alright then Jay, the police don’t need them either, neither does your security detail. Let’s see how safe you feel when you apply the law to your own security. Of course law enforcement are exempt tho. The second amendment was written to keep the balance of power even, now we have a very selective class of people that can still purchase “assault weapons” while the rest of us are limited to pistols, shotguns and bolt, lever or pump action rifles.

George Washington is rolling over in his grave.

bbsam

Staff member
They drag their feet when it comes to the 2A. There have been petitions challenging California’s assault weapons ban for years and years. Washington State recently passed their own ban on “assault weapons”. It’s by far the most draconian gun law passed to date. All magazine fed semiautomatic rifles are banned from being sold in the State of Washington. Several pro 2A organizations submitted an immediate appeal but they will be tied up forever just like California.

The Governor of Washington said, after he signed the AWB into law, “Nobody needs an AR15.” Alright then Jay, the police don’t need them either, neither does your security detail. Let’s see how safe you feel when you apply the law to your own security. Of course law enforcement are exempt tho. The second amendment was written to keep the balance of power even, now we have a very selective class of people that can still purchase “assault weapons” while the rest of us are limited to pistols, shotguns and bolt, lever or pump action rifles.

George Washington is rolling over in his grave.
It’ll be interesting. The Bruen decision has given many the impression that most gun laws will be overturned. Gun owners are almost messing themselves thinking the NFA will soon be gone. Reading the opinion Thomas wrote, it’s not hard to see why. Reading beyond that, however, Gorsuch and Thomas have some fairly strong differences on that in their concurring opinions.

Zowert

Finally got to the bottom of this. My uncle’s “UPS Guy” is NOT a UPS driver, he is in fact a contractor like many of you suspected. He does deliver UPS packages, along with others. It was a case of “Oh this guy is bringing me a UPS package he must be the UPS guy.” So… Yeah, UPS drivers are not carrying firearms out in the wilderness. I’m still curious of where he picks those UPS labeled packages up from. I hope that guy gets paid enough for that type of work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Finally got to the bottom of this. My uncle’s “UPS Guy” is NOT a UPS driver, he is in fact a contractor like many of you suspected. He does deliver UPS packages, along with others. It was a case of “Oh this guy is bringing me a UPS package he must be the UPS guy.” So… Yeah, UPS drivers are not carrying firearms out in the wilderness. I’m still curious of where he picks those UPS labeled packages up from. I hope that guy gets paid enough for that type of work.
The old 2 sides to every story trick.

Emergency Conditions

At my center the remote packages get a special scan during preload and are simply dropped off at the contractor's building. Tracking says something along the lines of "transferred to 3rd party carrier" and that's that.

Arizax2

I'm sorry but this is beyond dumb. The policy is in place so it's a matter of time before that guy gets fired. The moment the driver discharges his weapon regardless if it's justifiable or not he will get canned. A customer reports feeling unsafe because they see him carrying, he will get canned. He gets into a disagreement with another driver and they report him, he's canned.

If he does anything stupid people will sue UPS not him.

If he survives at UPS for longer than a year doing this I would be very surprised.

Zowert

I'm sorry but this is beyond dumb. The policy is in place so it's a matter of time before that guy gets fired. The moment the driver discharges his weapon regardless if it's justifiable or not he will get canned. A customer reports feeling unsafe because they see him carrying, he will get canned. He gets into a disagreement with another driver and they report him, he's canned.

If he survives at UPS for longer than a year doing this I would be very surprised.
He is not employed by UPS, he doesn’t even wear the brown uniform or drive a UPS truck. Although he does drive a P-series in the summer it’s not a brown. My uncle is over 70 years old and borderline demented. I had to talk to his neighbor to figure the truth out.

Anyway, there are grizzly bears and wolves active in the area. I’d probably carry a firearm too. I would rather lose my job than my life. In the city we are at the top of the food chain, in the wilderness we are not.

Last edited:

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
In the early 90’s I bought a pistol on the weekend so the 3 day waiting period put me in the middle of the week. I asked my supervisor if I could pick it up during the day. He said yes. It was probably 10 miles off my route ( I told him right where I had to go) I picked it up and had the pistol with me the rest of the day. When I got back to the center that night I put it in my lunchbox to carry it out. I live in a good size city in Florida. Looking back now that seems unimaginable.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In the early 90’s I bought a pistol on the weekend so the 3 day waiting period put me in the middle of the week. I asked my supervisor if I could pick it up during the day. He said yes. It was probably 10 miles off my route ( I told him right where I had to go) I picked it up and had the pistol with me the rest of the day. When I got back to the center that night I put it in my lunchbox to carry it out. I live in a good size city in Florida. Looking back now that seems unimaginable.
Never happen now.

Johney

I remember a driver doing the same thing probably over 20 years ago, there was a couple of us including the center manager in his office checking it out…..no way would that happen today.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Someone afraid of guns enough to report him probably doesn't live in remote regions of Alaska.

Commercial Inside Release

99% of the time, you can't legally shoot a grizzly or wolves.
Hunting griz is highly regulated in Alaska. Otherwise, it is illegal in the lower 48 states. Shooting for any reason other than self defense comes with a Federal investigation, $50k in fines, and a big hassle.

Wolves only recently were delisted from the endangered species act in three states. Hunting them there, is also highly regulated. For years, ranchers have had to put up with wolves killing their livestock, then begging federal and state wildlife management for reimbursement.

Wolves are\were killing pets, livestock, menacing people and not much could be done about it without the risk of prosecution.