Open Carry

Nah
Right, but on the Federal form you fill out to buy a firearm it asks if you have ever used illegal drugs and at this time marijauna is still federally illegal. If I were a pot smoker(which I am no)I just keep getting it illegally and not let anyone know. The minute you get a marijuana card in any state how can you legally buy a firearm?
It's the law that's illegal.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
A well regulated militia implies a standard.
I believe and interpret it as it only pertaining to the Militia as a whole since it follows with “which is necessary for the security of a free State,” which is followed with “the right of the people to keep and bear arms.” The phrase to keep is separate meaning and adds to the phrase bear arms.

No matter what. It's a constitutional right to use your guns how you see fit regardless of the intent or motivation. Mental illness is not in the Constitution either so that should never be a limiting factor.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I believe and interpret it as it only pertaining to the Militia as a whole since it follows with “which is necessary for the security of a free State,” which is followed with “the right of the people to keep and bear arms.” The phrase to keep is separate meaning and adds to the phrase bear arms.
I don’t think imbeciles were in the militia.

SandSpida

Two things I learned from this thread. My uncle is a lunatic and my union brothers are knowledgeable in firearms. I made this thread to see if a relative was BS’ing me again and ended up learning something. Thanks guys.
It sounds like your uncle lives next to Walter White.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
The right of the people to keep and bear arms. That is the problem right there. What are “arms”?
Anything that goes pew pew, bang bang, or swoosh swoosh, including anything the government insists they have themselves.

Zowert

Anything that goes pew pew, bang bang, or swoosh swoosh, including anything the government insists they have themselves.
The definition of ’arms’ is “weapons (of war).” That means we have a constitutional right to keep and bear anything from a musket to a Tomahawk cruise missile. Only the government has put limitations to it, so a firearm is the most powerful weapon the average law abiding US citizen can own.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
we have a constitutional right to keep and bear anything from a musket to a Tomahawk cruise missile
Baffles me that people who would take issue with citizens owning the latter are seemingly unbothered by an organization with the worst human rights track record in history having virtually unlimited access to them.

bbsam

Staff member
View attachment 431521
View attachment 431522
Any law diminishing or ie weakening the right to bear and have access to arms is infringing.

Etymologically helping.
1686044172593.png

And yet still possibly constitutional.