Open heart surgery

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Hey everyone. Long story short. I’m 35 and 15 years in to my ups career and I just had open heart surgery to repair a leaky aortic valve. My question is has anyone, or does anyone know someone who has had this procedure done and returned back to work with no issue? I’m confident I’ll heal and do everything in my power to get back to where I was before. Just some doubts seeping in. Thank you all.
I had a heart attack and open heart surgery, quadruple bypass 15 years ago at the age of 30. Was with FedEx then, UPS now. Was out 2 months, came back. Lots of hurdles to clear if you play by the rules.

quad decade guy

I hate seeing you upset, but you treat everyone like they’re beneath you. As you said, I don’t know you, therefore I can’t hate you. Hate is a strong word. I hate some people, mostly left wing idiots, but I have no animosity towards you. I am educated, with a college degree, worked various jobs, family. I don’t act like I have all the answers and I have read many of your posts, even agreed with many. But you are unapproachable, always bristling and name calling at the slightest hint of disagreement. Not everyone is out to bully you or get you. But you don’t seem to handle divergent points of view very well. You come across as petulant and immature. You project this attitude on others deflecting it from yourself. Maybe in person your different. IDK.
You don’t really want to converse, you want to pontificate. I don’t think you believe anyone on here is able converse with you. And there in lies the real problem.
Until we chat again…

View attachment 371168
On an open heart surgery thread......still bullying....bizarre.

quad decade guy

I had a heart attack and open heart surgery, quadruple bypass 15 years ago at the age of 30. Was with FedEx then, UPS now. Was out 2 months, came back. Lots of hurdles to clear if you play by the rules.
Could you expand on "if you play by the rules"?

How rare is it to have a heart attack and bypass at 30?

My Dad did at 39. He was a heavy smoker, ate whatever he wanted and was out of shape by a mile. Unfortunately while recovering from his heart attack(to have bypass surgery) he had a stroke. He never worked again. He became an alcoholic and died of cirrhosis of the liver at 57.

Thanks.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Could you expand on "if you play by the rules"?

How rare is it to have a heart attack and bypass at 30?

My Dad did at 39. He was a heavy smoker, ate whatever he wanted and was out of shape by a mile. Unfortunately while recovering from his heart attack(to have bypass surgery) he had a stroke. He never worked again. He became an alcoholic and died of cirrhosis of the liver at 57.

Thanks.
By the rules is reporting everything, all the stress test, doctors visits, paperwork, extra scrutiny, reduced medical card time of just a year, to prove something I'm physically showing you for the past 15 years now. Miss me.

I was heavier back then, around 235 though I'm not the tallest person. Only smoked that good good, had years of working in fast food, but also a family history of heart disease.

Fast forward to today, the weight is off thanks to UPS, trimmed me down my first couple years. Haven't had any issues except my breathing could be better, but is that my asthma, the smoke or what. We all gotta check out sometime, I'm not sweating the details on the kill shot.

floridays

Not open heart but I did have 3 stents put in when I was 39
UPS fought me the whole way coming back to work
Finally had a conference call with cardiologist, business agent and labor manager long story short I was back to work the next day after being off about 6 months
Good luck to you
I stand corrected, it appears you do have a heart. :thumbup:

quad decade guy

By the rules is reporting everything, all the stress test, doctors visits, paperwork, extra scrutiny, reduced medical card time of just a year, to prove something I'm physically showing you for the past 15 years now. Miss me.

I was heavier back then, around 235 though I'm not the tallest person. Only smoked that good good, had years of working in fast food, but also a family history of heart disease.

Fast forward to today, the weight is off thanks to UPS, trimmed me down my first couple years. Haven't had any issues except my breathing could be better, but is that my asthma, the smoke or what. We all gotta check out sometime, I'm not sweating the details on the kill shot.
I'm curious....

If you would have "followed the rules"....would there have been a different outcome?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

60C98FFB-0344-4191-A98D-FC15F21EC52B.gif

quad decade guy

How could anybody answer that….

He could have been run over by a truck following the rules…
Well,
He deliberately didn't follow them...on purpose. He lied basically by omission. I wonder why he thought that was best? That somewhere in the truth would keep him from working at UPS. IDK. We have folks on here openly admit to lieing on a Federal level.....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well,
He deliberately didn't follow them...on purpose. He lied basically by omission. I wonder why he thought that was best? That somewhere in the truth would keep him from working at UPS. IDK. We have folks on here openly admit to lieing on a Federal level.....
Lying

Helping

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I'm curious....

If you would have "followed the rules"....would there have been a different outcome?
I fell on my sword once, that worked out well, not. Complete honesty to a company that is disloyal AF, ok. No crystal ball, can't tell you of an alternate reality. It's checks on a box, nothing more. I think my 15 years of performing since then even at a UPS level speaks volume. It's not smoke and mirrors. Well there is smoke but we're not talking about that.

quad decade guy

I fell on my sword once, that worked out well, not. Complete honesty to a company that is disloyal AF, ok. No crystal ball, can't tell you of an alternate reality. It's checks on a box, nothing more. I think my 15 years of performing since then even at a UPS level speaks volume. It's not smoke and mirrors. Well there is smoke but we're not talking about that.
So,
You mean..., you falsified your medical records?
Because of drugs?

Could you explain "falling on my sword"? This and the drug thing are the same?