Open heart surgery

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
So,
You mean..., you falsified your medical records?
Because of drugs?

Could you explain "falling on my sword"? This and the drug thing are the same?
Negative, only weed. Falling on my sword is admitting to my wrong doing, unrelated. I was shown the door. The details are irrelevant, the principle is the same.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
Meaning he'll never do that again...responsibility?

I just couldn't jive it with the heart stuff...
Yes, my transgressions were of inappropriate behavior, which, yes I won't do again. The heart stuff is just having seen both sides. I've reported, had to miss work, extra doctor's visits, stress tests, one year clearance to show what I've been showing the past 15 years. Or skip over it and keep it moving, less BS. Clearly if my health were a concern that would have manifested itself by now. But once something happens you're forever marked, like having a record, like you can't be any better than your worst moment. I reject that type of thinking.

quad decade guy

Yes, my transgressions were of inappropriate behavior, which, yes I won't do again. The heart stuff is just having seen both sides. I've reported, had to miss work, extra doctor's visits, stress tests, one year clearance to show what I've been showing the past 15 years. Or skip over it and keep it moving, less BS. Clearly if my health were a concern that would have manifested itself by now. But once something happens you're forever marked, like having a record, like you can't be any better than your worst moment. I reject that type of thinking.
I get it.
41 years of it for me.
Forever is a long time....true.

I was bitter a long time. With my Wife's help, I saw a different way to look at things. Having an end to the tunnel coming up....helps. It's hard to see that end. We all friend up. Try your best not to. Accepting responsibility is the right thing to do. Accepting the consequences is part of the deal.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I get it.
41 years of it for me.
Forever is a long time....true.

I was bitter a long time. With my Wife's help, I saw a different way to look at things. Having an end to the tunnel coming up....helps. It's hard to see that end. We all friend up. Try your best not to. Accepting responsibility is the right thing to do. Accepting the consequences is part of the deal.
Yes I have a bit of ways before the end of the tunnel, soon to be 45. Friending up, one lives with me now lol. I agree accepting responsibility was the right thing to do, knowing the consequences, 17 years gone. But doing so led me to UPS, which in spite of how this company operates, has been the best opportunity I've ever had, for myself, family & friends.

Hey everyone. Long story short. I’m 35 and 15 years in to my ups career and I just had open heart surgery to repair a leaky aortic valve. My question is has anyone, or does anyone know someone who has had this procedure done and returned back to work with no issue? I’m confident I’ll heal and do everything in my power to get back to where I was before. Just some doubts seeping in. Thank you all.
Didn’t have a leaky aortic valve. I did however in April of 2021 have an aortic dissection, had several strokes during the initial surgery. Chest was left open for a week. Was in an induced coma for over a month. Had to learn to talk, walk, eat. Everything. But because I still have a tear on my descending side of the aorta and have a 25 pound weight lifting limit for life, my career with UPS is now over. I did however, in August of 2020 get a herniated disc while working. Now I’ve developed severe arthritis in my back that will require lumbar punctures. The aorta ended my career with UPS and now I’m fighting for disability. The arthritis in the back I’m not really sure on just yet since I injured myself at work and that’s on file. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Good luck to you! I’m 36 so I feel ya there as far as the age and the open heart surgery.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Didn’t have a leaky aortic valve. I did however in April of 2021 have an aortic dissection, had several strokes during the initial surgery. Chest was left open for a week. Was in an induced coma for over a month. Had to learn to talk, walk, eat. Everything. But because I still have a tear on my descending side of the aorta and have a 25 pound weight lifting limit for life, my career with UPS is now over. I did however, in August of 2020 get a herniated disc while working. Now I’ve developed severe arthritis in my back that will require lumbar punctures. The aorta ended my career with UPS and now I’m fighting for disability. The arthritis in the back I’m not really sure on just yet since I injured myself at work and that’s on file. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Good luck to you! I’m 36 so I feel ya there as far as the age and the open heart surgery.
Wish you well brother

Wish you well brother
I greatly appreciate it. I had my dissection on April 13th of 2020 while working. Hell I even finished my route that day. Went home and then drove myself to the ER. Doc said I had less than an hour to have lived and basically bleeding out internally. Overall I’m happy to be alive but hate that my career was cut so short.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I greatly appreciate it. I had my dissection on April 13th of 2020 while working. Hell I even finished my route that day. Went home and then drove myself to the ER. Doc said I had less than an hour to have lived and basically bleeding out internally. Overall I’m happy to be alive but hate that my career was cut so short.
The alternative would have been much worse.