Open Season on National Monuments

floridays

America is a beautiful country with wonderful national parks and monuments. I’m glad there is a spotlight on this those lands are our culture and should not be for sale.
I guess I missed something, I didn't realize they were for sale. I hope Utah and Nevada turn a good profit.
Tongue in cheek of course for the intellectually challenged.

BrownArmy

These areas are still there......just not controlled like Obama wanted them controlled. You make it sound like they disappeared.

Of course the areas are still there, but when they're all being opened up to oil/gas/uranium interests, they'll be spoiled.

These places are our heritage, and shouldn't be overrun by monied interests.

I agree, sometimes regulations go to far, but again, once these places are spoiled, there's no going back.

Have some pride in our pristine wilderness areas.

Geez.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
National Park Service has considered selling naming rights and corporate sponsorships. Once their foot is in the door who knows where it goes from there.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Of course the areas are still there, but when they're all being opened up to oil/gas/uranium interests, they'll be spoiled.

These places are our heritage, and shouldn't be overrun by monied interests.

I agree, sometimes regulations go to far, but again, once these places are spoiled, there's no going back.

Have some pride in our pristine wilderness areas.

Geez.
So tell me how the red deserts of Utah are your heritage....go on, I'm listening!!!

newfie

America is a beautiful country with wonderful national parks and monuments. I’m glad there is a spotlight on this those lands are our culture and should not be for sale.

shouldn't we expand that territory then and ensure there is never another piece of any real estate developed anywhere in this country? lets make every plot of land left a monument of sorts if that is where we think we should go.