Open Season on National Monuments

floridays

shouldn't we expand that territory then and ensure there is never another piece of any real estate developed anywhere in this country? lets make every plot of land left a monument of sorts if that is where we think we should go.
Let's just screw it and get this done now. California has two options to choose from:
1. Give the land back to Mexico, totally no payment(from Mexico) to the citizens of the state. Pack everything that does not convey with real estate and leave.
2. Tear down all coastal and mountain buildings and improvements, irrigation included, and allow unencumbered access to the pacific coast and all open lands.
Deciding on number 1 would satisfy the leftists need for social justice, thieves returning ill gotten spoils to the offended.
Deciding in favor of number 2 would begin to return the land to the pristine condition that God created it.
This plan could then be instituted nationwide, either repatriate the land which European conquerors stole from indigenous peoples, fulfilling social justice, of return it back to the Creator.
Leftist progressives, do these options meet with your approval?

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm thinking that might get extremely nasty, I don't believe there are any balls large enough to tackle that one.

A U-haul truck load of fuel oil and fertilizer would take care of that in a heartbeat. Just ask the people of Oklahoma City.

floridays

A U-haul truck load of fuel oil and fertilizer would take care of that in a heartbeat. Just ask the people of Oklahoma City.
And then the nasty part happens. That would be pushing it a little to far, nothing beneficial comes out of pushing a southern boy beyond the point he allows to be pushed. Just my thought based on a lifetime of observation.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Let's just screw it and get this done now. California has two options to choose from:
1. Give the land back to Mexico, totally no payment(from Mexico) to the citizens of the state. Pack everything that does not convey with real estate and leave.
2. Tear down all coastal and mountain buildings and improvements, irrigation included, and allow unencumbered access to the pacific coast and all open lands.
Deciding on number 1 would satisfy the leftists need for social justice, thieves returning ill gotten spoils to the offended.
Deciding in favor of number 2 would begin to return the land to the pristine condition that God created it.
This plan could then be instituted nationwide, either repatriate the land which European conquerors stole from indigenous peoples, fulfilling social justice, of return it back to the Creator.
Leftist progressives, do these options meet with your approval?
Wut

floridays

I believe he was being sarcastic.
I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or if actually doesn't like the monument. Haven't had enough interaction with him to gauge his intended meaning. If it ever did happen though, i don't believe the aftermath would be pretty. I've lived all over, but I'm southern and I know the south.

I wasn't sure if it was sarcasm or if actually doesn't like the monument. Haven't had enough interaction with him to gauge his intended meaning. If it ever did happen though, i don't believe the aftermath would be pretty. I've lived all over, but I'm southern and I know the south.
Even us Northerans in the 21st century respect the sacrifices your countryman made 200 years ago.

floridays

Even us Northerans in the 21st century respect the sacrifices your countryman made 200 years ago.
PT that comment is greatly respected by me, I've actually lived a good while in the north, so there is some yankee in me also, there's some yankee in me but I'm a southerner. You have my respect Sir.

moreluck

golden ticket member