Operation Aerosmith (Amazon)

Scuba Steve

Turd, you say I'm full of it? So since you held all these positions you still cannot answer a question. What two companies does UPS contract out customer service too? what happened to all the District Customer Service staff when that happened?

You and Brown think that can't happen to package? So you know so much about UPS, does UPS SCS contract out shipping to other carriers? UPS Package is doing it to you already with Sure Post.

Brown, I don't need a plan. Like I said, I'm good. Keep living in your bubble. Why not ask an ex Consolidated Freightways Employee if he thought the same as you? Good night, I'm done with you.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
And Brown just made my point. FDX Smart Post, competition. Amazon looking at entering delivery, competition. Thx
Ups has and always had competition from the first day it started in Seattle. It's always been that way. Your revelations are not new. I'm sure many people in more influential positions at ups are aware of the threats. It's called doing business.

What exactly is your point here in this whole discussion ?

T

Turdferguson

Turd, you say I'm full of it? So since you held all these positions you still cannot answer a question. What two companies does UPS contract out customer service too? what happened to all the District Customer Service staff when that happened?
Neither know nor care Steve, but since you are infatuated with the great postal service. Who is their Customer Service with Steve? Do you think that FedEx has a in house Customer Service Steve?
Is this whole thread just you being mad because you had to deal with the 800# or UPS Facebook page help people and didn't like the help they gave you.

Scuba Steve

Orion,

I will just tell you that UPS has afforded me to have lived on 4 continents during expansion. See multiple operations other than just Package.

You're right, there was always competition. I had seen the larger companies UPS competed against say the same things as Brown. They were so big that UPS wouldn't be a factor. Those companies are gone. Then I saw UPS say FDX wasn't a threat. They are still here. I saw FDX buy Tigers right underneath UPS setting back Asia growth. I could go on. Look at the TNT deal? FDXwill have a very strong presence in Europe and Latin America in a very short time. FDX buying Calibre (RPS), FDX had a ground network virtually overnight... The USPS which thought of packages as an after thought to 1st class mail focusing on packages and increasing service taking away market share from UPS. UPS using the USPS to deliver because it's less than paying a PC driver to deliver it....Then you now have customers like Amazon looking to build their own shipping networks to eliminate using UPS.

So my point is there are some here that think that the competition can't surpass UPS. Get your head out of the sand instead of bashing customers on here. Once FDX integrates ground and express together as one like UPS, this will cause a lot of problems for the UPS workforce. Don't worry though, it can never happen. . Have a great night.

Last edited:

upschuck

Orion,

I will just tell you that UPS has afforded me to have lived on 4 continents during expansion. See multiple operations other than just Package.

You're right, there was always competition. I had seen the larger companies UPS competed against say the same things as Brown. They were so big that UPS wouldn't be a factor. Those companies are gone. Then I saw UPS say FDX wasn't a threat. They are still here. I saw FDX buy Tigers right underneath UPS setting back Asia growth. I could go on. Look at the TNT deal, just like FDX Ground, FDX will have a very strong presence in Europe and Latin America in a very short time. Now you have the USPS which thought of packages as an after thought to 1st class mail focusing on packages and increasing service taking away market share from UPS. Then you now have customers like Amazon looking to build their own shipping networks to eliminate using UPS.

So my point is there are some here that think that the competition can't surpass UPS. I'm telling you that plans are in place to do that. Once FDX integrates ground and express together as one like UPS, this will cause a lot of problems for the UPS workforce. Don't worry though, it can never happen... Have a great night.
Steve, answer me this. How can we grow much more, when we have trouble hiring drivers now, with the volume we have now?

Also, you imply you were high up in the company, why don't you use your connections to complain about where we are headed, instead of coming here?

I remember when I visited a board meeting, that one of the board said that the competition is what makes UPS to strive to be better, and stronger. Makes sense to me. You think if we had week competition, that we'd be a better company?