Operation Aerosmith (Amazon)

T

Turdferguson

Steve, answer me this. How can we grow much more, when we have trouble hiring drivers now, with the volume we have now?

Also, you imply you were high up in the company, why don't you use your connections to complain about where we are headed, instead of coming here?

I remember when I visited a board meeting, that one of the board said that the competition is what makes UPS to strive to be better, and stronger. Makes sense to me. You think if we had week competition, that we'd be a better company?
You guys need to make a stronger push to get FDX Unionized. I'm not a UPS'er other than a legacy shareholder that grew up around the company. I support UPS and know the sacrifices and how hard each of you works everyday. You deserve the wage you earn. It's disgusting that FDX uses contract labor at a fraction of what you are paid. Then they take the profits off the workers backs to reinvest to steal customers away from UPS by lower pricing and quicker shipping lanes, creating more profit dollars for Fred...
No he is not TTKU

UPSGUY72

How do you know they are zero profitable packages? The USPS is carrying quite a few of Amazon Packages. I just received today (Sunday) a good size Amazon shipment via USPS. I have a feeling Sunday's will be in your working future.

"For the sixth consecutive quarter, the U.S Postal Service turned an operational profit when accounting for its controllable costs. But the agency still lost a total of $1.5 billion from January through March due to outstanding liabilities.

USPS was profitable by $313 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2015, and operational revenue was up $233 million over the same period last year, the agency announced Friday. The growth was due in part to the temporary emergency rate increase on postal products that took effect last year, but also aided by a 14.4 percent increase in package volume."

IF Saturday and Sunday are in the Future then that means there will be 7 day operations if that is the case Sat will be at time and a Half and Sunday will be at double time. Those that work Sat and Sunday will have two days of M-friend and there will be lower seniority drivers that work M-friend only.

Scuba Steve

i didn't post here to argue with anybody. Competition is a great thing. The question is when is the competition going to become better than you? When is that competition going to be stronger than you? What are you doing to prevent that? Saying it won't happen or burying heads in the sand won't prevent that.

This year Amazon surpassed Walmart in Market Capitalization. They did this in just 21 years. Once the spending in infrastructure is complete, they will have profitability. There wasn't many customers that size looking to build a delivery network to boot. BTW isn't Walmart using FDX?

I'm done. Good Luck

T

Turdferguson

upschuck

i didn't post here to argue with anybody. Competition is a great thing. The question is when is the competition going to become better than you? When is that competition going to be stronger than you? What are you doing to prevent that? Saying it won't happen or burying heads in the sand won't prevent that.
We just work here, none of the people that makes decisions want our input, even though we do the job.

You own stock, go to a shareholder meeting and voice your concern.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

This year Amazon surpassed Walmart in Market Capitalization. They did this in just 21 years. Once the spending in infrastructure is complete, they will have profitability. There wasn't many customers that size looking to build a delivery network to boot. BTW isn't Walmart using FDX?

I'm done. Good Luck

Sir, you're clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the community here.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1445818392.947765.jpg

I can't help but ponder why a man of your caliber, clarity, and insight would bestow such knowledge upon a lowly bunch as ourselves.

Would tomorrow be a good day for me to scout potential sales leads?

jaker

trolling
Alright Steve you have a good point, tomorrow when I go to work I will let everyone know how to fix it

Thank you for pointing out how the drivers can fix the issues with ups

TheBeerDriver

Whoa! Heated argument but it sure was interesting. As an outsider running a route all day I'll say this. I see UPS trucks running more than I see all the other delivery vehicles combined in a day.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Orion,

I will just tell you that UPS has afforded me to have lived on 4 continents during expansion. See multiple operations other than just Package.

You're right, there was always competition. I had seen the larger companies UPS competed against say the same things as Brown. They were so big that UPS wouldn't be a factor. Those companies are gone. Then I saw UPS say FDX wasn't a threat. They are still here. I saw FDX buy Tigers right underneath UPS setting back Asia growth. I could go on. Look at the TNT deal? FDXwill have a very strong presence in Europe and Latin America in a very short time. FDX buying Calibre (RPS), FDX had a ground network virtually overnight... The USPS which thought of packages as an after thought to 1st class mail focusing on packages and increasing service taking away market share from UPS. UPS using the USPS to deliver because it's less than paying a PC driver to deliver it....Then you now have customers like Amazon looking to build their own shipping networks to eliminate using UPS.

So my point is there are some here that think that the competition can't surpass UPS. Get your head out of the sand instead of bashing customers on here. Once FDX integrates ground and express together as one like UPS, this will cause a lot of problems for the UPS workforce. Don't worry though, it can never happen. . Have a great night.

Please expand on how ups afforded you to live on 4 continents. Was it through stock ownership or a position in the actual company?

Your points are interesting but very dramatic. Ups is a very very conservative company and has been around over 100 years. They tend to make calculated decisions on the upper level of the direction it goes. That's why they change CEOs every few years. I don't agree with everything management(especially operations) does but on the higher levels, they have a solid game.

Any company can fold. You're right. But ups doesn't get reckless in that sense. Like I said, very conservative type in that mentality.

You want to honestly know how I affect the direction of ups? I do my job every day in the safest way and in the best interests of my customers. That makes the brand valuable and reliable and everyone wins. Over a 30-40 career, that is what makes ups strong. If we have some the best and safest drivers and such in the business. That's all I can do on my end. As a driver and a shareholder.

And news to you, fedex , USPS and Amazon all have issues and are far from perfect. Amazon has labor troubles and bad PR in their warehouses. Fedex has lawsuits in every state against their ground model. And the post office costs outweigh their revenue.

Out of all the competition , ups is solid.