OPH & Sick Days Question

nystripe96

I started driving sept 2013. I have taken 2 sick and 3 OPH prior to May 1st. I noticed that it says I only have 1 sick day remaining when I check my pay stubs. Supposedly starting May 1st all sick and OPH days were supposed to reset. Is that truly the case, or do I have to wait till my 1 year to get the remaining days added on?

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It depends on your area's fiscal year. In most places the year resets May 1st, but in NY & some other places it is the 1st of the year. If you're like most places and you were an inside employee that went driving and made seniority effective Sept, 2013 you would have been paid out your remaining time at your part time rate, then had nothing until May 1st at which time you would have reset but with full time vacation, sick days, etc. Even if you reset like NY on Jan 1 you still would have had a full time reset since last fall.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It depends on your area's fiscal year. In most places the year resets May 1st, but in NY & some other places it is the 1st of the year. If you're like most places and you were an inside employee that went driving and made seniority effective Sept, 2013 you would have been paid out your remaining time at your part time rate, then had nothing until May 1st at which time you would have reset but with full time vacation, sick days, etc. Even if you reset like NY on Jan 1 you still would have had a full time reset since last fall.
Local 804 (the OP's local and mine) resets on May 1st....not Jan 1st. He'll get his sick days and OPHs when he hits a year on his seniority date.