OPL

mrvngrdns

I see that the final liquidation of OPL is underway. The letter I recieved says that they are waiting on a tax refund from Massachusetts that may be dispersed over four years. So, with this in mind, when do you think the final checks will be sent out?

Just Lurking

Not necessarily. There are efforts to lessen the four year period. And I doubt that the total liquidation would be stretched out that long, I was hoping someone would have any insight on that.

What is another four years. I not like this has not been stretched out to 6-7 years already. Give me that 50 cents.

sendagain

Someone must be milking this thing for money somehow. That's the only logical reason why this thing is dragging on interminably.

Hangingon

For someONE? More likely quite a few someones that continue to have their rent paid in the Bahamas or wherever it was based.

trickpony1

For someONE? More likely quite a few someones that continue to have their rent paid in the Bahamas or wherever it was based.

good point....and don't you know the good folks in the ivory towers probably made frequent trips to the HQ in the Bahamas for conventions, fact finding excursions, board meetings, lunch, dinner ..........and all on the company dime?

Channahon

Bruce quit
Headquarters are in Bermuda.
Liquidation has been going on for a few years, this last distribution will determine gains/losses for shareholders. During the liquidatiaon process no taxes were due by shareholders. This might be some hang up, not sure how Mssachuetts comes into the picture

W

Wondering

I always wondered - who was the brainchild behind OPL and what ever became of them? UPS won't think twice about firing a driver for taking a package for a ride. I was just wondering what happened to the people behind OPL that put the company in legal jeapordy, generated a ton of bad press, and cost the company and shareholders millions of dollars.