Optum BS

MassWineGuy

Is anyone else here getting requests from Optum for documentation of your HRA? Seems like absolutely every payment generates a request. And the dates don’t correspond with any medical procedures. A true PITA. You could almost think the FedEx is trying to prevent us from using these funds.

Aquaman

Is anyone else here getting requests from Optum for documentation of your HRA? Seems like absolutely every payment generates a request. And the dates don’t correspond with any medical procedures. A true PITA. You could almost think the FedEx is trying to prevent us from using these funds.
They absolutely want verification of every penny used. Its a nightmare.

Nolimitz

They absolutely want verification of every penny used. Its a nightmare.
I've dealt with several HRA/MSA plans over the years and that has always been the case. Sometimes they are more hassle than they are worth. have no exp. w/ Optum as I'm on my wife's ins.

MassWineGuy

Seems like the way to go. I’ll let my card expire and use this method.

For the claims needing more information, I think FedEx will eventually make me pay it back by taking it from my paycheck. It’s the only way I’d ever repay them.

El Morado Diablo

Seems like the way to go. I’ll let my card expire and use this method.

For the claims needing more information, I think FedEx will eventually make me pay it back by taking it from my paycheck. It’s the only way I’d ever repay them.

If you don't provide the required information Optum will suspend/freeze your account. It happened to me because I ignored all of their letters to provide them with the info. So I had to download the mobile app, send them pictures of the bills, then wait for Optum to clear the claims before they re-activated my card. I just think the entire process is a PITA.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If you don't provide the required information Optum will suspend/freeze your account. It happened to me because I ignored all of their letters to provide them with the info. So I had to download the mobile app, send them pictures of the bills, then wait for Optum to clear the claims before they re-activated my card. I just think the entire process is a PITA.
Did you notice that any money you put into your HRA is used before any credits you received from the company?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Can it get to the point where FedEx takes money from my paychecks to repay medical payments Optum disputes?
If you can’t/won’t/don’t submit documentation that the IRS requires Optum to have as proof, then they will take it back from either your bank account or your paycheck.