ORION and the upcoming peak...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Orion puts the pickups in the trace. It will split two pickups I have in the same plaza that are scheduled two minutes apart, and put 3 or 4 delivery stops and an a couple more pickups a 1/2 mile away between those 2 pickups and on top of that according to Orion all my letter box pick ups would be done way before the scheduled pickup times.

So to the Orion developers who read this and can give all the excuses as to why this happens, face it, ORION IS A FAILURE!!! It has cost UPS hundreds of million dollars it will never recoup. More airplanes would have been a better investment
You aren’t saying anything different than what we have heard in here a million times... before I wised up and went into feeder a few years ago Orion would have me go down a dead end street 2 times during the day for when I had a stop on each side of the curl deck sac.... whatever....dog and pony show for the shareholders...

Overpaid Union Thug

Our center was "approved" to turn off ODO. Some of our drivers (mostly rural) prefer ODO so, at some point during our dispatcher's pointing and clicking nightmare, he manages to chose the wrong routes to turn off ODO.

Many of us just go in his office and shut it off ourselves. What I'm wondering is at what point during a dispatcher's day are the routes reported to whoever cares as having ODO on or off? If we can find that out then maybe....just maybe...we can shut it off afterwards throughout the year. Otherwise.....I'm following it 100% whenever RDO isn't an option.

rickyb

Our center was "approved" to turn off ODO. Some of our drivers (mostly rural) prefer ODO so, at some point during our dispatcher's pointing and clicking nightmare, he manages to chose the wrong routes to turn off ODO.

Many of us just go in his office and shut it off ourselves. What I'm wondering is at what point during a dispatcher's day are the routes reported to whoever cares as having ODO on or off? If we can find that out then maybe....just maybe...we can shut it off afterwards throughout the year. Otherwise.....I'm following it 100% whenever RDO isn't an option.
you are likely underpaid relative to how much UPS profits off you.